Thread: Level 5, is it good enough?

cambo is offline Junior Member

Default Level 5, is it good enough?

Hi, can anyone clarify the following for me. I have just had my qualification verified by NZQA as a National Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care - Level 5. Is this good enough to justify putting in an EOI? :icon_confused:

joelle is offline Member

Hi Cambo,

I had my qualification assessed also a level 5 and it gives you 50points. The highest is 55points.

The online EOI automatically adds the points as it goes along so I would complete the form and see what you end up with.

Joelle :icon_lol:

Thanks for that, I'm going to give it a go! :icon_biggrin:

deeteejay is offline Junior Member

Hi Cambo,
    My better half is hoping to get a job in nz as an Early Childhood Educator, could you please tell us what your qualification was in England that gave you a level five.

Many Thanx,

Deeteejay :icon_lol:

Hello, I have a Nursery Nurse qualification with the NNEB, although the new title is Early Years Practitioner. If you have a high enough qualification to be an Early Childhood Educator you shouldn't have a problem acheiving Level 5. ::):

ChrisBlunt is offline Member

Hi Cambo,

Was that a full assessment or a pre-assessment?

Cheers,

Chris.

Hello Chris

We did both, pre assessment first (obviously) then a full assessment which we submitted in October last year and finally came back in March this year, the day before we went to NZ for a 3 week holiday/look around.

The delay is from this end, not NZQA, if your qualification authority in the UK doesn't respond then you can't have your qualification verified, simple as that. Based on this I would not bother paying the extra money for the express service, there is only 10 days difference between the standard and express.

Please remember also you can invalidate your validation process if you try and chase your qualification authority for answers, you must not contact them, you just have to be patient. :icon_rolleyes:

Good luck
    Cambo

deeteejay is offline Junior Member

Default NNEB Qualification

Hi Cambo,
    Many Thanx for your prompt reply to my query. My wife is two
    thirds of the way through a CACHE qualification which apparently is the equivalent to an NVQ 3, which I believe is also the same as an NNEB Diploma. If this is so, then at last we have some good news and can start planning for our move next year when she has completed her quals. Have you managed to secure a job offer or is that part of why you are going out there for three weeks.

Regards,

Deeteejay.

Hi Deeteejay

We've actually just returned from the 3 weeks trip, but no job offers yet. To be honest we really didn't have time to speak to many people whilst we were there, apart from a couple of schools. We are going to have to start the big push now from the UK unfortunately.

The main purpose of the trip was to have a good look round and see which areas appealed. Basically we stopped off at most of the major places on the way from Christchurch up to Auckland and most of it was fantastic.

Fingers crossed from now on.

Regards

Cambo