Thread: A few more questions !

bikershaz is offline Member

Default A few more questions !

Hi,

Thanks Taffy for your prompt response in my other message.

We have decided it would be a good idea to visit for a couple of weeks, possibly in June.

We have a few concerns, one major one. We have a dog and we are unsure about taking him. I have found some info that says we can take him. Does anyone know anything about this?

We now live in Spain and prior to moving here I posted all of our questions on a message board. I did actually find it very useful, although we were told we could not get insurance for big (600cc +) motorbikes. Then when we moved we found out we actually could!!

Another question would be are there any bikers on this board?

As I said we are thinking of coming over for a couple of weeks. I thought it would possibly be best just to get accommodation for 2 nights and then we can get a hire car and travel around. Do you think it would be easy to get B&B type accommodation?

Another thing I was thinking is the cost of living. Is food very expensive to buy in NZ? I have heard that it is, but obviously I don't know. Did you find it comparable to UK?

I'll think I will just leave it at that for now!

Thanks again for all your help.

This is a great site. :icon_lol:

nessie is offline Member

Default Re: A few more questions !

[quote:ea16af308d]We have a dog and we are unsure about taking him. I have found some info that says we can take him. Does anyone know anything about this? [/quote:ea16af308d]

Don't leave doggy behind :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif AFAIK it's a lot easier coming from the UK, there's no quarantine requirement, but you would coming from Spain. Don't let that put you off :icon_frown: More info here

[quote:ea16af308d]Another question would be are there any bikers on this board?[/quote:ea16af308d]

Yes. Try www.kiwibiker.co.nz

[quote:ea16af308d]Do you think it would be easy to get B&B type accommodation?[/quote:ea16af308d]

In the bleak mid winter I'm sure they'll be welcoming your open wallet. Lots of these places have their own websites, so google 'b&b kaikoura' for example to preview and book ahead if you're worried.

[quote:ea16af308d]Another thing I was thinking is the cost of living. Is food very expensive to buy in NZ? I have heard that it is, but obviously I don't know. Did you find it comparable to UK?[/quote:ea16af308d]

Try here I understand that generally stuff is cheaper and reflects the smaller salaries there.

HTH

Fordy

bikershaz is offline Member

Default Thanks Nessie for your help

I actually should have re-read my post as we do not intend to leave our little dog!!! :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif If he can't go then we definitely wouldn't!!!

We will be leaving from UK anyway, so hopefully this will be okay.

Thanks again and I'll make sure I check my messages before posting!