Thread: How is NZ treating you??

Juggy is offline Junior Member

Default How is NZ treating you??

Hi,

I'm Justin, and in process of applying to move to Titirangi, Auckland in Autumn 2005. I am a teacher, and so currently seeing what opportunities are out there. I was wondering how people are finding it out there. Having looked at some of the posts complaining about the quietness of NZ, and find them strange frankly. Be nice to get some positive feedback. And is there much hype about the forthcoming Lions tour?!

Cheers ::):

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,
    I dont think anyone is really complaining of a quiet life, more mentioning it as it's a shock to the system!

Depending on where you are coming from, life here is certainly at a slower pace. You do get used to it, and eventually you see that life works quite well!

The only times it ever gets frustrating is when using emails or waiting for people to phone you back. Not very good at that round here!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

joelle is offline Member

We have family in Titirangi and I've also stayed there myself and its a lovely area with plenty going on. As for the social side - it all depends on how active and how involved you want to be. The family have been there since Dec 04 and have had no problems settling in always seem to be doing something interesting.

:icon_lol:

Default Titirangi

I have been doing a bit of research into the area and it looks really nice, pretty chilled which is just what we are after. We live in Hackney at the minute, and the thought of so much peace and quiet is lovely!!

cal
    cal is offline Member

Hi Juggy, Hi Taffy,

My problem here is pulling myself away from everything to get on this site....

Milliemoo kindly gave me a prod with a privmsg - it was nice to know I hadn't been forgotten!!!

We have all had a blast since arriving three months ago. The kids have settled in at school, I have got a job with the largest IT distributor in the Pacific and Darryl's business is making some ground too.

Don't get me wrong, the normal day to day grind remains the same, no matter where in the world you decide to live; but it sure helps when you can chill out on the beach at the weekend and wake up to the sunshine in the morning.

I miss my family and friends, which is the hardest part of the move for me... everything else I can cope with. I knew that would be the case though and am prepared for the odd teary day!!!

The biggest wrench, I think, is for the children's best friends that are left behind in the UK... they all still keep in touch with msn messenger and phone calls but whereas, ours are embarking on a new adventure, their friends are left with one less friend.

I have only one regret and that's that we didn't make the move sooner... but then everything happens for a reason and this was probably the best time for us to come out here.

Off out now...
    Cal :icon_cool:

Nonie is offline Member

Default Re: Titirangi

[quote:3efc28af17="Juggy"]I have been doing a bit of research into the area and it looks really nice, pretty chilled which is just what we are after. We live in Hackney at the minute, and the thought of so much peace and quiet is lovely!![/quote:3efc28af17]

Hackney to Titirangi :icon_lol: We used to live in Bethnal Green so I'm sitting here laughing at the contrast. We're also hoping to move to Titirangi later this year. Not sure exactly when we'll be ready to go but we sold our house yesterday :041: to a First Time Buyer so at least we're on the move.

To be sure, there are some things I will miss, and I am trying to 'psyche' myself up for missing them. I bet the things I really miss will be the ones I least expect!! We dont have any kids (yet) so that will make the move easier. But really, the way England is going, I am sure I dont want to get old and have a family in this country. Our 1 bed flat in Hackney is worth more, with the currency conversion, than the 3 bed place in Titirangi!!! As the Americans say, 'it;s a no-brainer'!!!!!! :icon_rolleyes: