Thread: Business Entrepreneur visa

Mal.practice is offline Junior Member

Default Business Entrepreneur visa

I wonder if anyone can help me interpret this objective clause for meeting the requirements of a Business Visa in NZ.

Its reference is BB1 and it states " The objective of this category is to contribute to economic growth by enabling experienced business people to grow or establish high growth and innovative businesses with export potential in New Zealand."

I have a friend who is interested in pursuing this route but we are unable to agree on what this clause is actually stating as a requirement.

I think it says experienced people can buy a new or existing businesses but that these businesses must be high growth, innovative and with export potential. However apparently people have succeeded in getting visas this way for restaurants , cafes etc and even motels and yet I struggle to see how these can be classified as businesses with export potential.
    Has anyone on here got an opinion on what they understand by the INZ wording of this BB1 Clause? Would be very interested to hear what others understand from its' wording.
    Cheers,
    Mal

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default got in

Hi
    My wife and I got in this way ten years ago...its hard work..we bought a cafe and employed lots of staff and put money in the community.
    We have been here since and are citizens now :)

QUOTE=Mal.practice;72059]I wonder if anyone can help me interpret this objective clause for meeting the requirements of a Business Visa in NZ.

Its reference is BB1 and it states " The objective of this category is to contribute to economic growth by enabling experienced business people to grow or establish high growth and innovative businesses with export potential in New Zealand."

I have a friend who is interested in pursuing this route but we are unable to agree on what this clause is actually stating as a requirement.

I think it says experienced people can buy a new or existing businesses but that these businesses must be high growth, innovative and with export potential. However apparently people have succeeded in getting visas this way for restaurants , cafes etc and even motels and yet I struggle to see how these can be classified as businesses with export potential.
    Has anyone on here got an opinion on what they understand by the INZ wording of this BB1 Clause? Would be very interested to hear what others understand from its' wording.
    Cheers,
    Mal[/QUOTE]