Thread: Tourist visa problems.

KellyR is offline Junior Member

Default Tourist visa problems.

I have had some set backs with a recent tourist application and all of a sudden it's quite confusing as to what they want.
    When submitting my application I had ATTACHED a copy of my friends sponsorship form, and I thought I would have been covered.

But the application was sent back to me and they want an Itinerary or planned outward travel from NZ from a agency .

BUT why? when i clearly read on the application checklist this:

Evidence that you have the means to leave
    New Zealand consisting of:
    • a completed Sponsorship Form For Temporary Entry
    (INZ 1025), or
    • pre-purchased travel out of New Zealand, or
    • evidence showing you have sufficient funds in your
    name to purchase travel out of New Zealand.

I have clearly done that so why are they asking for a return flight or details?

Did i need to provide a cover letter explaining all this to these guys?

Reason I added for wanting a 9 month stay was to visit my friend (sponsor) and have a holiday / sight see.

I didn't go into detail but perhaps I should have? if they were asking for an itinerary of what I was doing here, ie something from an agent
    I can understand if i was going all on my own.

BUT i am staying in Auckland with a friend, having a holiday and he is going to show me around and show me a good time, so i have no set itinerary.

All i can think of is i didnt explain this in a cover letter?

where do i go from here, I mean its not like I have been denied they just want more details and I thought I had them covered .

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

You have to have a valid outbound from NZ plane ticket.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    You have to have a valid outbound from NZ plane ticket.
    Hi Cliff

Is that even with sponsorship AND proof of funds to purchase an outward bound ticket later?

Its confusing because as I stated above on the tourist visa CHECKLIST they have these options, and I thought I was covered? because why have a sponsor vouching that he will pay for my ticket?

Evidence that you have the means to leave
    New Zealand consisting of:
    • a completed Sponsorship Form For Temporary Entry
    (INZ 1025), or
    • pre-purchased travel out of New Zealand, or
    • evidence showing you have sufficient funds in your
    name to purchase travel out of New Zealand.

see I meet 2 of those points, so why do need an outward bound ticket?

And lets say for arguments sake I do, they say not to book or pay for it as a visa cant be guarenteed so how is this possible to get what they are looking for?

Blog Entries

Cool

Not 100% sure but until you get residency I would think you would need to have it. If you don't have one it looks like you intend to overstay. If you are only staying 9 months why wouldn't you have a return ticket? Make common sense to me. They will evaluate the financial state of your sponsor. Does he have a good paying job, own his domicile, have money in the bank. I don't know the details or the process but they will evaluate the overall preponderance of evidence of each case.

Call your local INZ office they can often be extremely helpful. They aren't the least bit stupid so be honest, if you ever lie they will catch it and you never get another chance. If you have an issue talk to them about it. Don't be upset as INZ is just trying to protect the country from overstayers. As I said talk to INZ you might be surprised just how helpful they can be. You are only trying to get a visitor visa not residency so the criteria isn't that difficult. NZ wants visitors as tourism is our #2 industry.

Chances are if you buy a return ticket it looks like you won't have any issues. Not trying to be nosy, but what is your home country? If you are from a country that people have a history of overstaying in NZ they will be more cautious. Not of you but your predecessors sent a precedent which may effect how they look at you. People lie or do anything to get into NZ. The think once in they can hide in the weeds as people maybe do in their home country. Not so easy here.

Not sure if that helps any but trying to give you some insight.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

Not 100% sure but until you get residency I would think you would need to have it. If you don't have one it looks like you intend to overstay. If you are only staying 9 months why wouldn't you have a return ticket? Make common sense to me. They will evaluate the financial state of your sponsor. Does he have a good paying job, own his domicile, have money in the bank. I don't know the details or the process but they will evaluate the overall preponderance of evidence of each case.

Call your local INZ office they can often be extremely helpful. They aren't the least bit stupid so be honest, if you ever lie they will catch it and you never get another chance. If you have an issue talk to them about it. Don't be upset as INZ is just trying to protect the country from overstayers. As I said talk to INZ you might be surprised just how helpful they can be. You are only trying to get a visitor visa not residency so the criteria isn't that difficult. NZ wants visitors as tourism is our #2 industry.

Chances are if you buy a return ticket it looks like you won't have any issues. Not trying to be nosy, but what is your home country? If you are from a country that people have a history of overstaying in NZ they will be more cautious. Not of you but your predecessors sent a precedent which may effect how they look at you. People lie or do anything to get into NZ. The think once in they can hide in the weeds as people maybe do in their home country. Not so easy here.

Not sure if that helps any but trying to give you some insight.

There is no problem with booking a flight out of NZ, I just thought I had it covered as they do give you three options on the checklist so it was a little confusing. All I can think of is my sponsor will only help them in thinking I will not overstay as he has vouched to send me back before my visa expires.

"Another advantage of the sponsored visit is that you could travel on a one-way ticket."

Quotes above from an INZ email also made it confusing.

Anyway before I will submit again I will give them a call, get everything sorted and try again, I am from LOS ANGELES and I must say the processing time was very quick from the time I sent my application to the time I got it back because they weren't satisfied was 7 days.

One last question while you are here, anything they are looking at with this on the checklist?

Applicants for specific visa types must provide the documents listed below.

Applicants who are... Tourists or visiting family or friends Must provide...

Evidence that you are a bona fide visitor, for example:

• evidence that you intend to return to your home country at the end of your stay
    • evidence that you are genuinely visiting for the purpose of holidaying, sightseeing or visiting family or friends

I guess sponsorship will help in this part as I have someone vouching for me that he will indeed send me back .

Blog Entries

Cool

Yep, the folks at the LA consulate are pretty good. Not sure what but something in what you submitted possibly raised an eyebrow. As a yank (US citizen) you are not too suspect for overstaying but not immune either.

Just give the consulate a call and have a chat. I think you can get everything easily resolved in one simple call. You will be getting the official line directly from the horses mouth. A lot of the info on this website is for people who are wanting to move to NZ which has a very different and tougher set of criteria.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

Yep, the folks at the LA consulate are pretty good. Not sure what but something in what you submitted possibly raised an eyebrow. As a yank (US citizen) you are not too suspect for overstaying but not immune either.

Just give the consulate a call and have a chat. I think you can get everything easily resolved in one simple call. You will be getting the official line directly from the horses mouth. A lot of the info on this website is for people who are wanting to move to NZ which has a very different and tougher set of criteria.

Reading the guide to completing my application I also noticed this section below, INZ havnt asked me to provide any information when they sent my application back, but any idea of what I could send in support if I felt like I wanted to cover myself ?

When we assess if you are a bona fide visitor, we consider all of the information that we have. For
    example, we will consider:
    • your personal circumstances, such as:
    ––your family ties in your home country and New Zealand
    ––personal, financial, employment or other commitments in your home country and New Zealand
    ––any circumstances that might mean you may not want to return to your home country when any
    visa expires
    • information that we have about previous applications, such as whether you have previously
    overstayed or breached visa conditions
    • whether you have dependants who are unlawfully in New Zealand, and
    • your ability to leave or be deported from New Zealand to your country of citizenship.
    INZ will consider all of the information you provide in support of your application but is not obliged to ask you
    for more. So, with evidence that you meet the particular requirements for the type of visa you are applying
    for, you should provide any evidence that you think demonstrates that you are a bona fide applicant.

SparkUngela is offline Junior Member

It may take me a year or two to digest all that and to understand it.

------------------------
    To be able to look stylish one must wear stylish clothes. I think I'll have to treat myself to a new erotic teddies for women soon.