Thread: MB has her stickers

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Talking MB has her stickers

Heard via the grapevine (AKA Facebook) that MB has finally got her blue stickers and can now legally reside in NZ Congrats MB - was it worth the wait?
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Thanks Nicky. It has felt like a very long journey to get to this point as I first started on this forum back in 2005 and have watched many, many people embark on their way to a new life in NZ whether it was via a work visa or residency. Having monitored their progress and heard their stories, both good and bad, I was sometimes a bit concerned that, by the time I was ready to apply (under Family sponsorship category), INZ would change the criteria for older people like myself getting into the country. Nothing much stays the same with NZ immigration as they are always moving the goalposts and a lot of people have been caught out over the years. Application timing was dictated by hubby's job as we wanted residency to come when his retirement was in sight and, somehow, it's worked out quite well. We have until 4th April 2013 to activate the visa and then need to be there for at least 6 months in each of the first 2 years to show commitment to NZ. This timescale will no doubt mean a fair bit of tweaking to fall in line with the end of hubby's contract here in Bahrain. At the moment we don't know if the project will run to time or run over so when we will finally settle in NZ is still up in the air but at least it's in sight. I must say I'm looking forward to it and also being reunited with our belongings which we haven't seen for 2 years because they are stored at our home in NZ. It's certainly a relief to have the blue stickers in our passports as that's a major step towards being able to stay in NZ permanently. Just got to fulfill the rest of the requirements to get permanent residency and we can relax. Had we not been able to get residency, I don't know what we'd have done as we have a home in NZ and would have had to seriously rethink our plans if we couldn't stay for more than 6 months at a time.

So, Nicky, 'was it worth the wait?' Yes, it certainly was because, although it's taken a long time to get to this stage, it's the way we wanted it to work out timing-wise.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

till is offline Senior Member

Congrats, MotherBear! That's good news!

That reminds me of another thread
    where one subject was dragging out the move and another the Travel Conditions for the Parents Category being 2 or 5 years.
    Would you mind letting us know how long yours are valid for?
    04/11/09 - EOI selected (125 points, no job offer)
    30/11/09 - Decision successful
    09/12/09 - ITA received
    23/12/09 - Application submitted
    03/03/10 - Case officer assigned (requested more documents)
    05/03/10 - Job offer secured (IT)
    12/03/10 - Work permits issued (1 year ISSL, 1 year partnership)
    13/04/10 - INZ Interview (re relationship)
    22/05/10 - Approved in Principle
    04/06/10 - Residence Permits issued

Blog Entries

Thanks Till. It's great to be joining everyone else who also have their blue sticker. We only seem to have one sticker now whereas I always thought there were 2 i.e. the residency visa and the RRV. The 2 must now be rolled into 1 sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by till View Post

That reminds me of another thread
    where one subject was dragging out the move and another the Travel Conditions for the Parents Category being 2 or 5 years.
    Would you mind letting us know how long yours are valid for?
    Our travel conditions are valid for 24 months. Quoting from the sticker:

Visa valid for further travel for 24 months from first arrival. Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions

We will leave our trip to NZ to activate the visas for as long as we can, but it must be before 4th April 2013. When we go will be dictated by hubby's holidays from work as he generally has to work for 12 weeks and then has 2 weeks off - not always convenient.

Reading through the paperwork that came with the passports, it mentions having to 'apply for and be granted' entry permission before travelling to NZ for the first time as well as notifying INZ of any changes to our circumstances. I always thought you just presented yourself at the immigration counter when you come off the plane and the process of entering NZ would be enough to validate the visa. As I read it, it looks like we now have to apply to INZ before we even book our flights in case they decide we can't travel to NZ after all. Have I understood this correctly? I assume I would have to contact our case officer once we know when we want to travel?
    Mother Bear

People Space is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!
    and welcome!

Blog Entries

Thanks very much PS.
    Mother Bear