Thread: Got Level 6 ??

preetfzr is offline Junior Member

Question Got Level 6 ??

hello everyone

I did my B.sc (IT) in Distance education mode. today i got PAR Result from NZQA they accessed me under level 6 ???

But i need level 7 to claim qualification points under ICT professionals ! plz anybody suggest me wht i have to do in this situation.:(

Thanks

Regards

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Cool

preetfzr

NZQA doesn't answer to anyone and there isn't any kind of appeals process. Their assessments are pretty much the final word. My suggestion would be go to the source and contact NZQA. It might be a slow and difficult route but they may be able to point you in a direction if you can find someone who will talk to you. They are good people just not too talkative.

If you have the knowledge you can pay to have a skills assessment done by teachers at an NZ educational institution. They will pick your brain and see if you have the equivalent knowledge of a person graduating at NZ level 7. If they say you have the knowledge NZQA will accept their independent assessment and say your degree is equivalent. You will need something in addition to your distance learning to build a case, like some good work experience or other education to qualify for a skills assessment. To the best of my knowledge you would only be able to get this done if you are in NZ.

Not sure if any of that helps but I tried.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

preetfzr is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    preetfzr

NZQA doesn't answer to anyone and there isn't any kind of appeals process. Their assessments are pretty much the final word. My suggestion would be go to the source and contact NZQA. It might be a slow and difficult route but they may be able to point you in a direction if you can find someone who will talk to you. They are good people just not too talkative.

If you have the knowledge you can pay to have a skills assessment done by teachers at an NZ educational institution. They will pick your brain and see if you have the equivalent knowledge of a person graduating at NZ level 7. If they say you have the knowledge NZQA will accept their independent assessment and say your degree is equivalent. You will need something in addition to your distance learning to build a case, like some good work experience or other education to qualify for a skills assessment. To the best of my knowledge you would only be able to get this done if you are in NZ.

Not sure if any of that helps but I tried.

Thanks for your reply.

And i really appreciate your words. Sry i donít hav any idea about 'skills assessment done by teachers at an NZ educational institutioní ! whts the procedure for going through it and how much time and cost it me !

i already had words with NZQA but they said you should go for full assessment and it might be change in your level because we have your original documents and go thoroughly with them. i did really silly mistake, i have above 6 year experience with and after my qualification i didn't mention :/ . Because i hired immigration agent he said there is no need of it because they has only concern with your qualification!!!