Thread: Video Tab

Clair Foster is offline Junior Member
    Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Video Tab

Why Can't I see the videos that are on the tab to the left of the forum page ?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Videos are shut off at the moment as the application that runs them isn't compatible with the forum any more. I've been waiting for it's creator to release an update but this has never come! I'll either build a new one or remove that link at some stage
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Thanks :) Thought you had to have a certain amount of posts before you could see it.

Oh well, I am sure someone could help you out :D

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Well-spotted Claire! I hadn't noticed that.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

I was trying to find people's video blogs to see how the other side of the world looks from the UK.

Such a shame that I couldn't see them. I am sure I will find some on here :)

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Ah, they weren't video blogs, they were just general videos about NZ and some random other videos of Billy Connolly I think!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

I used to have a great link to a webcam in Tauranga, eastern North Island but notice that is no longer functioning. Have a look through here and click on the links to see if they bring up anything useful. I've tried a couple of them but they aren't working although this one is. Click on the other links on the left side for more views. It's night in NZ now so any live webcam views wouldn't be that great in the dark. I'll try to dig up some more links for you.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

There aren't as many decent webcams sites about now as there used to be . I had one in Rotorua, but that's not working any more. Some cams are live, but only refresh once a minute which isn't quite the same as having live action and a lot focus on traffic alone, which isn't very interesting.

EOL : Webcams - you need to fiddle with the controls and drop down menus to get the best out of this. You also need Java installed to run the live videos.

Webcams New Zealand - some more but they seem to update rather than have a live feed.

A disappointing exercise really.

Note to self: Hmmm, after searching through the Internet and coming back on here to read Taffy's post, I think I may have been barking up the wrong tree.
    Mother Bear