Thread: Job Possibilities

SuziSuze is offline Junior Member

Default Job Possibilities

Hey!

My boyfriend and I are desperate to move to New Zealand, anywhere in the North Island, as we love it!!

My partner works within Multimedia,as digital designer and I work as an event coordinator. I have been researching job opportunities and it seems Wellington offers lots of media possibilities for him, however I am struggling to find any jobs within Event management or Event planning business'.

I'm not keen to work within a hotel or plan corporate events. Does anybody know of any creative Event companies which organise private events like Birthday parties, Weddings or Christmas Parties? Or companies which plan Award ceremonies, Outdoor events & festivals, Team building that kind of thing??? In Wellington/Auckland or the surrounding areas?

Also I really don't know anything about the process to apply for the Visa, can everyone apply or do you need some specific qualifications? Don't want to get my hopes up and then have them dashed!!!!

Thanks in advance,

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry, can't help with the job part of your post, but I'll try with the application query. It's not that easy to get to live permanently in NZ as you need particular job skills that the country needs plus relevant qualifications and work experience. You would need to find out if either of your jobs appears on the Long Term Skill Shortage List to apply under the Skilled Migrant Category unless one of you has close relatives in NZ who could sponsor you under the Family Category. Rather than go through all the ins and outs of the system, I'll direct you first to the NZ Immigration website so you can look through it and see where you fit in. Look under Apply for links to the various categories.

This is an overview of the SMC and you can use the links on either side to add to your knowledge. Check out the Essential Skills in Demand list on the right hand side to see how you fare regarding skilled job titles.

This is a Guide to Residency also showing you the different categories.

When you have looked through it and find you have some questions, please come back and we'll try to talk you through them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.