Thread: Living in hotel with my lover

gowutheo is offline Junior Member

Default Living in hotel with my lover

Hi folks,
    I am dating for 4 months and intend to move to nz to marry the lady.She wants me to live in hotel with her together for a month and apply for permit.we have had a genuine relationship with proves for all the months anyway.what are my chances of getting a 12 month work permit?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I don't know what INZ would think if you were living in a hotel while trying to prove you have a genuine and stable relationship. It is a temporary address and they may get the impression that the relationship is also only temporary for the purpose of applying for your visa.

Just my thoughts.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I don't think it matters how many times you ask the same question, you're going to get the same answer. In the eyes of Immigration, you simply do not qualify as a partnership as you do not meet the criteria. As MotherBear says, staying in a hotel for a month and claiming that as living together will not work for Immigration. That doesn't imply a genuine relationship at all!

The criteria is simple:

You must be in a genuine and stable relationship. This means you must have spent time together as a couple, with evidence to prove that.
    You must be living together in either yours, hers or a joint property at the time of application.
    Marriage is not evidence, anyone can get married
    Staying in a hotel is not commitment, it's a trial at best
    Even having children is not evidence of commitment of a stable relationship.
    The only evidence is time, and actually being IN a genuine, stable relationship!

I think you need to be very careful of what you are trying to achieve. Trying to meet the criteria with as little evidence as possible will trigger alarms with Immigration. You may find yourself in a lot of trouble as Immigration may think that you are using a relationship of convenience in order to gain a visa, even if that isn't the case at all. The partner work visa for people in relationships for less than 12 months applies to being who have been together in the same place a while - as in, not a relationship via email etc - I should imagine at least 3-6 months, but that's just a guess.

Seriously, if a month is all you have to work with, you need to take professional advise rather than opinions from a public forum so nothing goes wrong for you and ruins your chances.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

tortola is offline Junior Member

Default apply form overseas

You said you already have evidence ov living togheather. Why not apply from overseas? I don`t think staying at the hotel will work, it`s probably not even worth trying... INZ want to make sure you are in a stable relationship. Stable - hotel don`t really work togheather. Hotel = temporary\
    Hope you will find a solution, maybe find a flat for a short period of time and apply.

Default 3-6 months

I should imagine at least 3-6 months, but that's just a guess - Taffy
    Not true. You can apply even after only one week of living togheather. there is no requirment of duration for the work visa. You only need evidence you are in a realtionship. So keep everything you have. Photos, emails, proof of travel. I applied 3 weeks after I got to NZ and it was just fine, got my permit in 9 days

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

They've never lived together, and as far as I can tell from previous posts have not even met in person, just have a remote relationship of emails and money transfers (correct me if I've missed something!). This is why I've said 3-6 months of being together for evidence of a stable relationship. As you say, policy has no lower time limit, but they will at least expect them to have spent some time together!

Again, maybe I've missed something but that's the impression I've got.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Hey thanks guys,
    We have rented a place awaiting my arrival.Then we will live together for a month.Immediately after that, i will put in my application.
    This is the situation on ground.Any more inputs?

Quote Originally Posted by tortola View Post
    I should imagine at least 3-6 months, but that's just a guess - Taffy
    Not true. You can apply even after only one week of living togheather. there is no requirment of duration for the work visa. You only need evidence you are in a realtionship. So keep everything you have. Photos, emails, proof of travel. I applied 3 weeks after I got to NZ and it was just fine, got my permit in 9 days
    tortola,
    u got it wrong. i didnt say i have evidence of living together but evidence of a genuine relationship with lots of financial commitments.
    Last edited by gowutheo; 26-01-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tortola View Post
    You said you already have evidence ov living togheather. Why not apply from overseas? I don`t think staying at the hotel will work, it`s probably not even worth trying... INZ want to make sure you are in a stable relationship. Stable - hotel don`t really work togheather. Hotel = temporary\
    Hope you will find a solution, maybe find a flat for a short period of time and apply.
    not at all tortola.I didnt say i have evidence of living together so i cannot apply from overseas.I said i have evidence of a stable and genuine relationship.
    We have both made many financial commitments to the relationship and have many sms,letters, etc.

Default I see

Ok, I see. I assumed for some reason that you have previously lived togheather. Good luck with your aplication. You should have no problems if you have enogh evidence.