Thread: Curious if i still need a job offer if i apply work-partnership visa...

jenny1989 is offline Junior Member

Post Curious if i still need a job offer if i apply work-partnership visa...

Hello everyone. I'm curious if i still need a job offer for applying work-partnership visa to join my partner in NZ. I'm from Philippines and my husband is a kiwi. We been together for almost 3 years now, but we just got married last September at NZ, I went to NZ for a limited purpose visa valid only for 2 months and we got married there. Now, I'm back here in Philippines and we have told to apply for this "Family Stream (joining your partner in NZ) visa. I had read the requirements and also read the form, and there some questions there asking if i have a job offer in NZ. Hmm that makes me wonder if I do really need a job offer to apply this kind of visa. I can provide everything they required to this kind of visa, except that I don't have job offer for now in NZ. Any advice would really help. Thanks in advance...cheers :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure you don't need a job offer .

Residence through Partnership

If you are the Partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident then you may apply for Residence through the Partnership category. The following sheet sets out the minimum requirements for lodging an application for Residence and gives you some suggestions for putting your application together.

Lodgement Requirements

* A completed application form
    * 2 passport photos of all applicants
    * Application fee
    * Passports for all applicants (if you are travelling within the next one to two months you may wish to submit certified copies of your passport, although plain photocopies are not acceptable. The original passports will need to be provided before we can issue your visas)
    * Birth certificates (full length unabridged for everyone on the application)
    * Police certificates for all your countries of citizenship (even if you have never lived there or are not living there at present) and any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the past 10 years
    * Medical certificates, completed by a panel doctor
    * A completed sponsorship form (completed by the NZ sponsor with the declaration signed and witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, solicitor or notary public).
    * Evidence of the New Zealand citizenship or residence status of the New Zealand sponsor
    * Police certificates from any country your New Zealand citizen/resident partner has resided in for 12 months or more in the past 7 years (except New Zealand)
    * Evidence demonstrating that you are in a partnership with a NZ citizen/resident

If you do not provide all of the above then your application may be returned to you unactioned.

From here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

tortola is offline Junior Member

Default no job offer

That section of the form doesn`t apply for you. When you have time take a fe hours, read all the forms and guides that apply to you and everythin will become crystal clear. Partnership policy is one of the easiest to understand. Good luck. By the way. just to let you know every time I applied for a work visa it never took more than 9 days from the moment i submitted my application in Auckland ( INZ Henderson Branch)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I guess it depends whether you want to apply for residency under partnership or just a work visa. I assumed it would be residency but, whichever one you want, if it's under partnership, I don't think you need a job offer.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.