Thread: what next

goddy64 is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Default what next

I submitted my ITA on 27/05/2010, I have been assigned a Visa officer and I have sent all the original copies of my qualifications, work experience, provisional license approval from EWRB NZ, he asked for.

Presently I do not have a job offer as electrician, I have applied for job with out any positive response from recruiters.

Does it it mean that I can not secure employment as electrician from out side NZ?

Since I don't have any job offer, will that effect the out come of my SMC residence application?

How long does it to finalize the verification process at this stage.

Looking forward to your response.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It can be difficult to get a job offer from outside NZ as employers prefer to meet with you face to face and know that you have made the effort to travel to NZ. Some professionals, such as nurses, who are much in demand have less trouble, but for others it just doesn't seem to happen.

If you can't get a job offer what can happen is that INZ may offer you a Work to Residence visa instead of PR to allow you sufficient time to get to NZ and find a job to prove you can settle there. They will give you a certain amount of time to do this and to work in that job for at least 3 months. When you have done this, the path is open for you to get PR.

How long things take with INZ depends on several factors e.g. how busy the particular branch is you are dealing with and whether submitting your documents, medicals etc. throws up any problems that will cause a delay. It can also depend on how many points you have submitted with because the more points, the quicker the process usually. This is a recent thread on the forum with application timelines which has been created to give some idea of how long between the various stages of an application. I would encourage others to add their timelines, too, as it gives everyone a better idea of how things work.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.