Thread: sponsorship forms...please help. :(

kulit is offline Junior Member

Default sponsorship forms...please help. :(

thank you so much for this forum i learned so many things.

here i am again, for things that give me headache this days. i'm preparing my documents to lodge my application. partner of a worker/work visa based on partnership. i went to VIAC(Visa applicatoin center) here in my country before and was given this checklist for all the req. and the agent added some info. like, payslip of my partner, tenancy agreement, and so on and so forth... plus the form to be fill up by my partner. she added form 1146 and 1025. i'm applying for work visa based on partnership. is it necessary to have the form 1025? if im correct the form is sponsorship form for visiting new zealand, right? do my partner need to fill it up? i called VIAC and she said, it's up to us as long as my partner will provide affidavit of support.

i'm really confused and need anybody's help. someone out there, who could make things clear. i'm very confused right now if my partner need to fill up the form 1025. im applying for work visa based on partnership.

any ideas?

hoping2win is offline Junior Member

Default form 1025

yes, you need to get him to fill it out. I think there is also a supplementary form for you to complete as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hoping2win View Post
    yes, you need to get him to fill it out. I think there is also a supplementary form for you to complete as well.
    yep, thank you for the answer... i'll let him fill it out right away and proceed with my application... thank you so much.... yeah, i already downloaded the supplementary form.... :)

till is offline Senior Member

yes, you need to get him to fill it out.
    I doubt it.
    You might just want to read the form's title:
    "Sponsorship Form for Visiting New Zealand" / "Supporting information for a visitorís visa/permit application" and first paragraph:

To be a sponsor you must be a relative or a friend
    of the visitor(s) you are sponsoring, and you must
    be a New Zealand citizen or the holder of a New Zealand
    residence permit.

Neither of which is the OP's partner.

(From here: INZ 1025).

@Kulit:
    You'll find the required documents in Section E4.5.5 of the INZ Operations Manual.
    04/11/09 - EOI selected (125 points, no job offer)
    30/11/09 - Decision successful
    09/12/09 - ITA received
    23/12/09 - Application submitted
    03/03/10 - Case officer assigned (requested more documents)
    05/03/10 - Job offer secured (IT)
    12/03/10 - Work permits issued (1 year ISSL, 1 year partnership)
    13/04/10 - INZ Interview (re relationship)
    22/05/10 - Approved in Principle
    04/06/10 - Residence Permits issued

thank you so much for answering my query

that's where we're so confused about. and i did call the visa office center here in my country and the agent just said, that he need to fill up the form 1146 and 1025, when i said that the 1025 form is for sponsoring visitor visa and also, my partner is currently holding a work permit and not residency. she just said, it's up to me or us as long as the affidavit of support/letter of support coming from him is attached on my application....

any ideas? do anybody there that have same situation as mine? mind sharing and helping me?

Who's being confused is apparently the person you spoke to. (Are they a licensed adviser? Well, I'm not but at least I can read enough English myself. Hope you aren't paying through the nose for their service )
    Since she said, it's up to you, just trust in your own wit.
    If you're still not sure, ring or email Immigration NZ.

Here's another link which tells you exactly what to do (no mention of 1025 either)

Cheers
    Till
    09/12/09 - ITA received

yeah right... i've been searching further information as well... and i'm not confused with that for i already read and reread the link you have send last night. and i really appreciate for the help. thank you so much from the bottom of my heart....

can i ask further question? right now, all my docs are ready, the evidences, the form that my partner will send to me... and i'm ready to lodge my application (partner of a worker/work visa based on partnership).... but then got so confused again, for i raised my concern to this other forum and they said that it will harm my partners current permit.

the situation is, he is holding a work permit and still not applying for residency. he renew his permit last june 2010 and was given a one year work visa. we're in this relationship for 6 years and few months. but when he apply for a work permit visa he stated in his status "that never married/never in civil union" therefore, i conclude his status there is single. if i'll follow him will through work visa on a partnership will i harm or jeopardize his current permit? i know there is really risk in whatever corner or whatever route will take. but sadly, marriage is not one of the option because we plan it by 2012. and he still can't apply for residency since he's still waiting for the result of the nursing council. he's on the process of registering as a nurse ni nz and his line of job right now is caregiver is i believed is not listed as a shortlist for nurse.(based on what i understand)...

is it fine i'll push through with my application? is there any complications that might happen if i'll push through with it? his status is "singe" will this matter?

you can refer to this link: submitting forms. : New Zealand Forum

i raised my concern in that forum and if anybody in this forum can enlighten me as well...any ideas? any inputs? i'm badly in need of help as everything is ready but confused and scared with this immigration thingy....

Oh, I see, he's already here.
    Then you would need come over on a Visitor's visa first, since you need to be living together at the time you apply for the Work permit (see E.4.5.5.a.i), as well as for his residence application (in which he then can include you).

Personally, I don't think you'd jeopardise your partner's work permit, it'll be only more difficult to convince INZ of your partnership, but if you have enough evidence, that should be fine, even more so if you can give a good reason why he didn't mention your partnership in his application (e.g. "that never married/never in civil union" isn't technically wrong and not everyone knows how "defacto partnership" is exactly defined).

Marriage and defacto partnership are apparently treated equally by INZ, so no need to rush the wedding

I could imagine the following route:
    You come to NZ to visit your partner, bring as much partnership evidence (preferably already translated), as you can carry, since that's crucial for your case.
    First thing you do here is to apply for a Work visa (including full medical certificates if it's for more than 1 year).
    As soon as he gets his nursing registration, he can apply for residency and include you (medicals can be re-used), given he fullfills the Long Term Skill Shortage List qualification requirements for Nurses:
    Bachelor of Nursing OR Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing, diploma or hospital based certificate AND NZ registration
    09/12/09 - ITA received

thank you tiil for the answers... thank you so much, i really appreciate the help.

Anyhow, we believe we have enough evidences that we're genuine and stable. I already get anything or anything that ties the two of us. You can click this link , so far everything in there is what I made for documents. As we're in this relationship for 6 years and was separated for a a year for he fly there. Moreover, there were cases like mine, the gf/partner was granted for a work visa when I searched for forums. We think we could give that a try, who know's I might get lucky and also I'll let him fill up the supporting form for work visa and for visitor visa. I think if you're applying for a visa based on partnership whether it'll be visitor or work, the form 1146 is the only supporting form or there is other form for supporting me for visit visa or work visa? not unless my partner is a resident so he need to fill up as well the 1025? am i right?

We'll push through with the work visa as based on what I understand if VO will know that I'll not return home to my country they might not approved my visit visa. If they need further evidences from us, the'll surely let us know. right? and will be given an ample time to complete it? I'm scared and all this are risky. But we need to think and talk this over as well. We both need to talk about this as this is really a serious matter.

I'm still confused to push through with my application and need to talk with him.
    But anyway, thank you...thank you...thank you really for answering my questions.