Thread: Which ones for me

give it a go joe is offline Junior Member

Default Which ones for me

HEy folks, just tryin to get some simple help with choosing me visa for nz, ive looked thru the immigration sites and to tell you the truth they confuse and scare me. so many things muddles my head so ill jus give basic idea where im at.

Im 25 , was working in NZ for 18 months, met the love me life :) and we are now comin up on our first year anniversary . When we started seeing each other properly we had been friends for 2 years and i said id come back to ireland (where we are as i speak)and only offically got together week before flyin home so our entire relationship has been in ireland.
    So i want to return with her, take up my job again but im little stumped as to which visa to grab, when i was there i went out on a impulse holiday , bought the tickets on tues flew on the thurs, knew noone and found out horse scene is quite big so found a trainer who took me on as jockey and i got a permit out of that. Now id like to know do i go back on holiday and apply for permit / defacto there or try agency here? i know my permit cost 250 dollars ( same permit thru agency here would of cost 1500 EURO around 2900 dollars i guess ) so i really dont want to spend that much to bunch of paper pushers. not even NZ paper pushers at that. now not to sound fussy, or tight but in order to get into nz on holiday you need a return ticket under 3 month, would love to be able to buy a one way and keep that saved money to use for any immgration fees in NZ. even talkin about it gets me lost and muddled can any one point me in right direction?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Joe

I assume your partner isn't a kiwi as she appears to be based in Ireland, so getting her to sponsor you as her partner wouldn't be an option. However, if she IS a kiwi, then you could look at this.

The job title 'Jockey' appears on the Immediate Skill Shortage List under Sport, Recreation and Travel, but it seems there are conditions to being able to use this to get a work visa i.e.
    Completed an Apprenticeship under the Rules of Racing in their country of origin AND must have clearance from that authority.

To be able to stay in the country indefinitely you need to have certain job skills that NZ needs. As jockey isn't on the Long Term Skill Shortage List you wouldn't be able to apply directly for permanent residency (if that is what you want). Instead you could try looking at the Work to Residence Visa , maybe under the Talent (Art, Culture and Sport) Residence Policy or if your employer is accredited that might be an option. If you have already had a Working Holiday Visa in the past, you wouldn't be able to apply for another one. If you don't necessarily want to stay permanently in NZ, you could try applying for a temporary work visa.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

give it a go joe is offline Junior Member

na she kiwi alright, forgot to say that, see thats why this whole internet thing freaks me, so much is missed and forgotten even the main things slip my mind but ill have quick browse thru what you linked me , thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It was the bit where you said 'i said id come back to ireland' that made me think she was possibly Irish and you were going back to her. So, if she is a kiwi, that leaves the door open for her to sponsor you under Partnership which would give you residency or the last link I supplied above which would give you a temporary work permit and then you could apply for residency. You would just need to supply evidence that you have been living together for 12+ months.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.