Thread: badly need help...visit visa or work permit?????????

kulit is offline Junior Member

Unhappy badly need help...visit visa or work permit?????????

Hi everyone, I'm new here... and was reading all possible post that I can somehow gather information and will enlighten my mind as what to do first. And thank God I stumble upon this forum, the forum is great and I was able to gather important data. But I really wanna hear from you guys or any idea about my current situation.

I’m still confused on what visa to apply visitor visa based on partnership or lodge for a work permit visa based on partnership. And I really do hope that I can hear from you guys or any suggestion that will somehow enlighten my mind.

As I was reading through lots of forums and also lots of threads in this forum and search Mr. Google as well for any possible way to represent our relationship though it made me crazy to think how will I do it.

However, here's our story that I wanna share and ask if possible that I can get a visitor visa based on partnership or work permit as I’m still having doubt what visa to apply. Or is there a chance that I can get visitor or work permit visa with my situation?

We've been girlfriend/boyfriend since senior high school. We’re 6 years and 3months in this relationship. We are not yet married for family reason and of course financial reason though we have plans on settling down by 2012. His already in NZ a year and 2 months to be exact, holding a work permit and currently applied for registration in the NZ council. We never live in one roof while his here in Philippines due to the fact that our family both believed in marriage thing though here in our country it exist but not with both of our families. We're quite in the traditional and religious beliefs.

We're just in boyfriend/girlfriend relationship not really on de facto relationship in which live-in together. We didn't live-in together, we don't have the marriage certificate nor I can't think of any way legal documents or any legal way how to represent the stability and how genuine our relationship. We don't have any joint accounts for before he flew to NZ we didn't think that will be useful though he send money to me through GCASH in which I can used that one as one of the proofs. We communicate everyday though we seldom sends email to each other for on a regular basis; we chatted on YM and saw each other on skype, everyday. I also have yahoo messenger on my phone in which anytime we can just talked wherever I am.
    Below are the infos. I gathered searching from one forums to others and of course in this forum as well.

Think of anything and everything that ties the two of you together.
    Evidence for the relationship:
    1. Skype conversations, YM conversation
    2. Photo’s together.
    3. Recognition of your relationship (letters from friends, parents that prove that we’re partner). Facebook status/Facebook of sharing mutual families and friends
    4. Text messages way back years ago
    5. Cover letter/Letter of support for the visa application showing that he agrees you’re in genuine stable relationship and look forward to living together.
    6. Handwritten letters (primary)
    7. Email (secondary) Emails,
    8. Pictures during chat.
    9. Receipts of any gifts or flowers that he gave you
    10. Outline of Relationship (Highlights of relationship, diary or journal type) / synopsis
    11. Blogspot and Tumblr ( we maintain 2 blogs for almost a year now)
    12. Have a CD and put pictures and all conversations for skype and ym, screenshot

Requirements for the NZ Immigration:
    1. Letter of Support from your partner for Financial Support
    2. Letter of Support from your partner for Accommodation
    3. New Zealand Employment Contract
    4. New Zealand Payslip
    5. Bank Statement at least you have $3K to $4K
    6. Philippine Bank Statement of Fiancee/ Fiance
    7. IRD Records
    8. Accomplished the NZIS Form 1017
    9. Accomplished the NZIS For m 1025 (Should be signed by Justice of Peace)
    10. Passport (valid at least 3 months past the date your plan to leave NZ)
    11. Passport size photographs / Passport pictures current not older than 6 months old.
    12. Police Clearance NBI Clearance and local police certificates
    13. NBI Clearance Birth Certificate (NSO Issue)
    14. Must undergo Medical Examination.
    15. Evidence that your partner intends to be in New Zealand for the same period of time you have applied for in this application.
    16. Evidence that there is no legal impediment to the intended marriage
    17. Evidence that the New Zealand citizen or resident you intend to marry supports your application in writing; and is eligible to sponsor your application.
    18. Must appear for personal interview at New Zealand Embassy or Consular office.
    19. 2 way airline booking.
    20. If your working it helps a lot if you submit a certificate of employment
    21. One more bank statement. Showing bank transfer from him It helps alot too na me financial support si BF or si husband good point to prove a relationship.
    22. Travel itinerary
    23. Certification of No Marriage

Do you think these are enough to approve any visa that I will apply? In which I’m having doubts if it’s visitor visa or work permit. Any suggestion what visa to apply? I also read some threads that once I get there I can apply for work permit after 2 weeks, is that really possible? Or any suggestion or any info you can add on the list so as I have a big chance for my visa to get approved?
    I really wanna visit him in NZ or dying to see him sooner. It's already 1 year and distance sucks really nevertheless; we're both still in love with each other. And how the hell I'll present them to NZ immigration...opppss, sorry for the rant....

Anyhow, just one last question with the 6months visit or 9 months visit. Is the immigrations will grant me for that or I will put in my application that I will visit him for 6 months or 9 months and they will just grant it? i'm really afraid they will provide me limited visit visa in which for sure i can't apply for work permit after i arrived in NZ. I'm sorry for those questions I just searched everything on the net, don’t have plans for any agencies as for the fact they will cost you twice. Why would we spend a dime if I could just find anything on the net and would be resourceful enough to search and to ask as well... :D

sorry for the long post...but i badly needed your help guys...

Any help will do. Any information, suggestions, recommendations will do. Thanks in advance....Hope to hear from you guys soon....
    God bless everyone!....There's gotta be a way for me to be with him.
    Last edited by kulit; 22-04-2010 at 03:47 AM. Reason: add information

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Kuilit, welcome.

According to the Form for Partners Supporting Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications you would need to be living together to apply so that wouldn't be an option. It also appears to apply here if your partner only holds a temporary work permit rather than residency or NZ citizenship. In here it says...

If you are a partner of a student or work visa/permit holder, to qualify you must be living together with your partner in a genuine and stable relationship at the time the application is made. Your partner must also intend to be in New Zealand for the same period of time, and must support your application in writing by completing the Form for Partners SupportingPartnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications (INZ 1146).

It says living together with your partner 'at the time the application is made' so maybe this means that you only need to live with your partner when you get to NZ to be able to apply rather than living 12+ months with him. It doesn't really make it clear. Perhaps someone who has gone through this can say if this is the case.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default thaankk you MotherBear..

thank you for those infos. MotherBear..... the first plan actually is for me to go on visitor visa based on partnership then, apply work permit once I get there. I've read article about the same plan as well here...

let me asked further question motherbear if you don't mind.... now, its decided i'll follow him on visitor visa based on partnership since applying for work permit need us to live together. are those information or proofs that i listed are enough that i can get a big chance that my visitor visa will be approved? do you think they will provide me limited purpose visa? i'll be lodging my application this may 13 so right now, very busy on the proofs of our relationship and all those documents as well...

thank you once again, MotherBear.... :)

If you are a partner of a student or work visa/permit holder, to qualify you must be living together with your partner in a genuine and stable relationship at the time the application is made. Your partner must also intend to be in New Zealand for the same period of time, and must support your application in writing by completing the Form for Partners SupportingPartnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications (INZ 1146).

moreover motherbear, with the quote above..so even if you are applying for visitor visa you need to be with your partner at the time the application is made? how about those partners in overseas? like us? any how, i was able to read articles here that his partner support for her for visit visa i just can't remember the title of the article... and can no longer find it....