Thread: EOI - identified future growth area questions, please help

totallynew is offline Junior Member

Default EOI - identified future growth area questions, please help

Hi all,
    I'm applying for EOI. Currently I have 150 points from self assessment.
    I don't have a job offer from NZ yet, but my skill (animation) is in the Long Term Skill Shortage List and areas of absolute skills shortage. My qualification (bachelor's degree) is also recognised.

There are a few things that confuse me, and I would appreciate your help:

1. On question F11. Do you have a qualification in one of the identified future growth areas?
    I am currently working as an animator, but not in NZ. Can I claim points based on a current skilled employment?

2. On question G1: Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised. (For example, it is relevant to your recognised qualification, or your skilled employment).
    Can you give an advice how much details they want? Are they expecting some kind of mini resume here?

3. Question G4.Please indicate the total number of years of work experience in an identified future growth area.
    This is the same as my first question, am I eligible to claim points for identified future growth area if I am currently working outside of NZ?

4. What kind of work evidence that I need to provide if I get selected? I have been working for a long time and for many employers. Unfortunately some of them have closed down. Would a tax form, appointment letter, or pay slip be enough evidence?

I apologise for the long questions, and I thank you for your help.
    Last edited by totallynew; 21-12-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Added qualification.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by totallynew View Post
    1. On question F11. Do you have a qualification in one of the identified future growth areas?
    I am currently working as an animator, but not in NZ. Can I claim points based on a current skilled employment?
    I've tried to answer this on the other thread you replied to.

2. On question G1: Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised. (For example, it is relevant to your recognised qualification, or your skilled employment).
    Can you give an advice how much details they want? Are they expecting some kind of mini resume here?
    Not sure on this one as I haven't had experience of this, but I guess they just want a brief comment on why you think your experience is relevant.

3. Question G4.Please indicate the total number of years of work experience in an identified future growth area.
    This is the same as my first question, am I eligible to claim points for identified future growth area if I am currently working outside of NZ?
    As above, I've tried to answer this on the other thread you replied to.

4. What kind of work evidence that I need to provide if I get selected? I have been working for a long time and for many employers. Unfortunately some of them have closed down. Would a tax form, appointment letter, or pay slip be enough evidence?
    Any documentation that visibly ties you to your previous companies and which could be pay slips, old contracts, letters on headed notepaper etc.
    Hopefully, someone will fill in the gaps for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

totallynew is offline Junior Member

Thank you MotherBear.
    If anyone is interested, here's the link to her answer: Long Term Skills Shortage

I've completed my EOI form, but have not submitted it because I am afraid of submitting wrong answers. Do you think they would let me revise the application if I made an honest mistake (just like the "identified future growth" confusion etc)?

Thanks again.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

They will notify you if they feel that something isn't quite right with your application and may ask for clarification.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.