Thread: Urgent help required!!!!!!!!!!!!!URGENT

janbel is offline Junior Member

Default Urgent help required!!!!!!!!!!!!!URGENT

Dear,

I am going to submit my EOI ASAP but I have a doubt about my job experience.

After completion of Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, I have worked as Lecturer for two and half years. Then after completion of my Master Degree in Water Resources Engineering. Currently I am working as a Project Engineer at Dredging Company for one year.

For claiming 10 points under absolute skill shortage, I need to show two years experience which I can't show with project Engineer job experience only (less than 2 yrs experience). Indeed I do have two years experience as Lecturer but I think I need to have master degree to become lecturer. How shall I proceed about my professional job in EOI form?????

A18: Main Occupation: 233211 Civil Engineer ?????
    F12: Qualification in one of area of absolute skill shortage: Professional Engineer ?????? - Master of Science in Water Resources Engineering ????
    G4: Total number of years work experience in area of absolute skill shortage: 2 but less than 6 yrs
    Absolute skill shortage occupation name:
    Lecturer???????

Will it be ok to claim as lecturer for having 2 but less than 6 yrs work experience in G4 and Professional Engineer for F12????? Can I claim like this using two absolute skill shortage area????? Please help me.......

I would be grateful to you for your quick help.

kind regards,
    janbel

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Although you have 2+ years of work experience as a lecturer, you don't have a qualification for this? I think you would need a qualification before you can claim points for it. What subject were you lecturing in i.e. was it at all connected with either of your degree subjects?

Requirements for recognition of work experience.

SM13.20 Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
    Recognised work experience is assessed as being in an area of absolute skills shortage if:
    it was undertaken in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (refer Appendix 6); and
    it meets the specifications for that occupation; and
    the principal applicant is suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake that work (including any specific requirements set out on the Long Term Skill Shortage List).
    Where the Long Term Skill Shortage List specifies that occupational registration is required for a listed occupation, principal applicants must demonstrate that they held occupational registration while undertaking the work experience, if occupational registration is required in the country in which the work occurred.

Have you got enough points to be able to apply without including your work experience as a lecturer?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

janbel is offline Junior Member

Thanks for quick reply. I have 140 points including 2 years working experience in absolute skill category as lecturer. I have worked as lecturer after completion of my bachelor degree in civil Engineering and I was teaching various subjects related to civil engineering to undergraduate students of civil engineering. So, I am confused whether I can claim that point or not. Or will it be better to put simply as Professional Engineer????

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

If you could convince INZ that your lecturing work experience was closely related to one of your degrees they may accept it. If not, I would go for whatever seems the safest option providing it still leaves you with more than the 100 points you need to apply.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.