Thread: Confused about Recognized Qualifications

sagarshidore is offline Junior Member

Default Confused about Recognized Qualifications

Hi!!

I have recently filed my EOI (150 points without job offer).

However, I have some questions.

I have done my Bachelors and Masters in Commerce, which stand on levels 7 and 9 of NZQA respectively, Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Trade which is a level 8 and Masters in Computer Management which stands on level 9.

I am a Software Testing professional and have claimed points for all the qualifications listed above.

I would like to know if only my Masters in Computer Management degree will be considered for points or all of them will be considered.

Also, what is the general time span from filing an EOI to PR?

Thanks in advance.

Sagar

Stats_chick is offline Member

I am probably not the best person to answer this and I am sure MotherBear or someone else in the know may have a more precise answer but what I have read seems to indicate that once you pass the 140 points threshold you are on an automatic draw. If that is the case it doesn't really matter what your degree is in or at what level as long as you have the needed points.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sagar. Welcome to MTNZ.

Quote Originally Posted by sagarshidore View Post
    I am a Software Testing professional and have claimed points for all the qualifications listed above.
    I believe you would only be allowed to claim points for one qualification, so choosing the one most likely to get you through would be the way to go.

Regarding the time span from EOI to PR, this can be affected by several factors e.g. how many points you have (usually the more you have the quicker you are selected), how quickly you can get your paperwork together, whether there are any problems with your medical or any other queries relating to your paperwork and how busy the INZ branch you are dealing with is. Some lucky people have gone through the process in only a couple of months, but it generally takes 4+ months from start to finish.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

sagarshidore is offline Junior Member

Thank you MotherBear and Stats_chick for your replies.

Incidentally, I have found out that it does not really matter how many qualifications you list in your EOI. You will be awarded points for only one qualification, i.e. either 50 or 55 points depending on the first qualification you list. So, contrary to my understanding that I will be awarded points for all my 4 qualifications, I have been awarded points for only my Master in Computers, which was the first degree that I added :-(

Now, waiting for the next draw and hoping to get selected!!

Sagar