Thread: Timeline

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Timeline

Hello,

It has been some time since I was on the forum - my little boy keeps me busy!

BermyGirl and I just returned from a short trip to NZ. Yes to all of you who know of my fear of flying - I did it again! I was also so much better this time around!

We had a great time in Auckland, stopped in Rotorua and made our way to Palmerston North and stayed with friends. We just didn't have enough time to do more!

However, we have definitely decided on a date to move to NZ - September 2009. Of course setting a date brings up additional questions; some I may have already asked.

While we both appear to have over 100 points without a job offer, we really need job offers before we submit our EOI - we are taking the Skilled Migrant route.

So, how should we time this? We are allowed to visit NZ for 6 months on our British passports. Do we gather all of our documentation, pack up and fly to NZ and then once we are there, try to get a job offer and then submit EOI? What if the job offer and EOI process takes longer than the 6 months we are allowed to visit? Even then, we still have to wait for ITA. Can we apply for work permits while waiting for the EOI and/or ITA?

I get myself so confused about the whole process!

Thanks,
    Shell
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Shell, good to see you back.

You can't apply for a WP until you have a job offer. If you can get a job offer you can submit your EOI but it could take quite a while to go through. If you wanted to start work and have a valid visa while your application goes through, you can apply for a WP to cover the time until your PR comes through.

Sorry, I can't dig too deeply into this as I'm away on holiday at the moment, not on my own PC with all my immigration links to hand and also on paid Internet in the hotel.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hey Shell.

Good to hear from you.

We came over on visit visas. Once hubby got job offer he applied for a 12month work permit (don't need medicals for this). It only took a few weeks to come through and will now cover him until PR comes through which with a job offer shouldn't take too long. Me and the girls have just extended our visit visas which is probably what you would need to do for your little ones- they have given us visit permits for the lenght of the work permit.

Hope that helps.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Thank you Mother Bear and Ebianca! As usual your responses always reassure me!

Mother Bear, enjoy your holiday! It is well deserved!

All the best,
    Shell
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Default Wellington

Hi Ebianca,

Maybe you could send me a private message and give me your thoughts on Wellington. BermyGirl and I have our house in Palmerston North which is quite a small town so we may have to look at Wellington to live and work. It is not too far from our friends in Palmy.

Shell