Thread: Help needed for filing EOI!

Zaheer Guest

Default Help needed for filing EOI!

Hi All!

First of all some introduction. My name is Zaheer. I am working as a Software Engineer - Java in Pakistan for the last 2 years.

I want to apply for immigration under skilled migrant category. I know the first step is to complete the EIO and submit.

I am confused about two things.
    1. Do I need IELTS before filing the EOI. Is it a requirement or just a thing that is good to have?
    2. My documents need to be assesed by NZQA. And I know there are two assesments that one can go for. Initial one which is lower in cost and the other one is detailed which costs a bit more. How can I get my bachelors degree assessed by NZQA, the initial one which costs around 75$?

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Regards,
    Zaheer

IndianKrxcute is offline Junior Member

Default Indian Krxcute

Hi All...

This is Baddin from India. I wanted to introduce My self.I am newbie to this forum and I am software engineer working in Chennai,India.I am interested and planning to move to NZ.

Zaheer,

Have you checked you points in Immigration New Zealand website?
    If you have sufficient points(>100) would be submit an application for EOI.

For this,
    1.you do not require IELTS,
    2. need for any assesment as of now for IT professionals,
    3.you do require to pay NZ$400 as part of EOI application fees , once you selected from the pool , you will get ITA for PR.
    At that time you will be required to submit all the documents as mentioned below.

Documents to be submitted along with ITA application with NZ$2500.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Passport(s) (for all applicants, if available).
    Birth certificate(s) (for all applicants).
    Marriage certificate(s) (if applicable).
    Custody documentation (for any children, where applicable).
    Police certificates (for all applicants aged 17 and over, which are no more than six months old when lodged).
    Medical and X-ray Certificates (for all applicants, which are no more than three months old when lodged).
    Evidence of English language ability (for all applicants aged 16 and over).
    Evidence of a recognised qualification (for you and/or your partner, if applicable).
    Evidence of skilled work experience (for you, if applicable).
    Evidence of a skilled job offer (for you and/or your partner, if applicable).
    Evidence of current skilled employment.
    Other documentation as specified by INZ in your Invitation to Apply.

if you need more.Pls check the below URL...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...1101AJuly3.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    Hi All!

First of all some introduction. My name is Zaheer. I am working as a Software Engineer - Java in Pakistan for the last 2 years.

I want to apply for immigration under skilled migrant category. I know the first step is to complete the EIO and submit.

I am confused about two things.
    1. Do I need IELTS before filing the EOI. Is it a requirement or just a thing that is good to have?
    2. My documents need to be assesed by NZQA. And I know there are two assesments that one can go for. Initial one which is lower in cost and the other one is detailed which costs a bit more. How can I get my bachelors degree assessed by NZQA, the initial one which costs around 75$?

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Regards,
    Zaheer

jabirfayyaz is offline Junior Member

Smile Help needed for filing EOI!

Hi Zaheer,

I am not an expert but to the best of my knowledge you can do IELTS after submitting your EOI. But we have only four months to submit full application after EOI. so I'll suggest its better to do IELTS first then EOI.

FOr qualifications i think both full assessment can be done after initial assessment can be done. Its depends on your choice. You can opt directly for full assessment.

Jabir.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I don't know if there are any answers for you about the IELTS in here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

vineet is offline Junior Member

Default Is Work Exp. in India is valid for immigration to NZ?

Hi folks,
    I am working as software engg. (.net) and having total experience of 4+ years. After going through NZ government immigration site i have a little doubt that one should have work exp. from comparable labor market.
    But india is not in this list. I want to know if my exp. will be valid for immigration.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

If India isn't on the list I guess your work experience may not be accepted by INZ. I know there are Indians working in IT in NZ who have residency, but maybe they have previously worked in another country that is on the list. Perhaps someone could verify this?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

yuva is offline Junior Member

Dear Vineet,
    Please see the statement given in EOI guide.
    "If you do not have current or offered skilled employment
    in New Zealand, or if your work experience is not in an area of absolute skills shortage, your work experience must have been in a comparable labour market in order for you to claim points."

From this it is clear that your experience in india is not recognized only if it is not in the area of absolute skill shortage list & "Software Engineer (261313)," is in the area of absolute skill shortage list. So your experience will be considered.

Regards,
    Yuva