Thread: URGENT HELP NEEDED - EOI rejected

Farzad is offline Member

Exclamation URGENT HELP NEEDED - EOI rejected

Hi,

My EOI was selected from the pool on 16 July 2008. Today I recieved an email from an EOI Officer explaining that my claimed points do not meet requirements.

I hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering majoring in Hardware from a university which is listed under Recognised Qualifications.
    I was claimed for points of "Work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage" and bonus points for "Qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage" under "System Analyst" (ANZSCO 261112).

EOI Officer is not satisfied that my qualification meets the requirements mentioned in column 4 of LTSSL (Long Term Skill Shortage List) which is:
    "Degree-level qualification (Level 7) majoring in computer science, information science or information technology"
    She says that:
    "your major area of study is not in computer science, information science or information technology, we are not able to award you any bonus points".
    for the same reason, my work experience is not qualifying for points because I have no work experience in a "Comparable Labour Market"; instead I have to meet the requirements for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage which itself requires a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage that mentioned above.

She syas that an NZQA IQA (International Qualification Assessment) should be conducted to clear if my qualifcation will be comparable to "computer science, information science or information technology" which may take up to 6 months to be done :(

If somebody could help please let me know:
    1- Does my qualification "Computer Engineering majoring in Hardware" will be comparable to "Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Science"?
    2- Do INZ waits untill I assess my qualification or I should re-submit a new EOI and pay the fee then?
    3- How should I reply her?

Any other suggestion or quidance is highly appreciate.

Regards,
    Farzad

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Farzad. Sorry to hear INZ has rejected your EOI. I assume you didn't have enough points to apply without this part? I'm afraid I know very little about IT and computer matters so I can't help there unless you can find another job title that sounds more similar to your line of work experience. Apart from that, if you can get a job offer you will be able to claim points for that which may help you.

If you can't get enough points to apply for PR directly, perhaps you could apply for a WTR visa instead and you can work your way to residence. It will take longer but at least you should get there in the end.

I think you would need to get your qualification assessed by NZQA before you submit another EOI just to make sure it is what INZ is looking for.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

htcesq2 is offline Member

Hi Farzad,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. But I recently read somewhere that an applicant got the NZIS to agree that he can satisfy the ANZSCO requirement rather than the LTSSL one in order to claim points. If you have five or more years of experience, you can try this. Here's the ANSCO excerpt if you want to pursue this:

UNIT GROUP 2611 ICT BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYSTS

ICT BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYSTS work with users to formulate system requirements, develop system plans and documentation, review and evaluate existing systems, and design and modify systems to meet users' business needs.
    Non-ICT Business Analysts (for example, Management Consultants) are excluded from this unit group. Non-ICT Business Analysts are included in Unit Group 2247 Management and Organisation Analysts.

Indicative Skill Level:
    In Australia and New Zealand:

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Good luck!

Taufiq

htcesq2 is offline Member

Hi Farzad,

You'll find confirmation of what I wrote about ANZCO qualification being acceptable in lieu of LTSSL in the "Changes to the Skilled Migrant Category effective 4 February 2008". A search in google will give you the text. Please read the last case study. Good luck!

Taufiq