Thread: Question Regarding Family Immigration

maxius42 is offline Member

Default Question Regarding Family Immigration

Hi,

When I am there at NZ and get my PR... Hopefully soon...

How can I sponsor my sisters and brothers to come and live with me... Can't live without my sisters...

I've read something on immigration sites about family immigration and sponsoring siblings. Can you please put some light...

Keep Cool
    Max

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hi

You have to have held residency for 3 years before you can sponsor someone.
    Might be dificult for you though if most of your family aren't in New Zealand.

Is there anyway your family could come to new zealand in their own rights? i.e do they do jobs that New Zealand requires?

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

This takes you to the INZ page for sponsoring adult siblings . This gives more information about the applicant's requirements , which also states that they must have a job offer to be able to apply.

Basically, you need to have held PR for 3 years, as has already been stated.

Your brothers and sisters need to comply with the centre of gravity and have more close family in NZ than in Pakistan, including parents.

They all need to have job offers to apply.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

maxius42 is offline Member

Default Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post
    Hi

You have to have held residency for 3 years before you can sponsor someone.
    Might be dificult for you though if most of your family aren't in New Zealand.

Is there anyway your family could come to new zealand in their own rights? i.e do they do jobs that New Zealand requires?

Beth
    About my sisters and brothers, they are all doing jobs here. Most of them are in ICT. I was asking if I can help them out and provide ease in their immigration. Does family immigration put things at ease... Or it is all a solo game...

Max

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Because your brothers and sisters are all adults they must each make their own application. Each of them must already be mentioned on your application for PR or they will not be considered. At the moment I can't find anything to tell me how many family members you would be allowed to sponsor, but in here they seem to talk about sponsoring only one sibling.

You will also be required to earn the minimum basic income (I assume that is per person sponsored) and undertake to provide support for each of them for the first 24 months of their residency. You would have to prove you could support them. That would involve a great deal of salary to prove you could support all of them. That is, if you would be allowed to sponsor them all.

A sponsor must:

be 17 years of age or over
    be in New Zealand
    be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under section 18A of the Immigration Act 1987
    have been a New Zealand or Australian citizen and/or the holder of a Residence Permit or a returning residentís visa for at least three years immediately before the date their registration is received by the New Zealand Immigration Service
    in each of the three 12 month portions within that three-year period, have spent a total of 184 days or more in New Zealand
    meet the minimum income requirement (unless they obtained residence in New Zealand as a refugee, or they are aged 65 years or older).

A sponsor must undertake to ensure that financial support and accommodation is provided to you, if necessary, for at least your first 24 months as a resident in New Zealand. Sponsors who gained residence in New Zealand on the basis of their status as refugees are only obliged to accommodate you for the first 24 months of your residence (if necessary).

A sponsor aged 17 to 24 must satisfy us that they are able to meet the undertakings given on the sponsorship form.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.