Thread: Lots of questions

Werner is offline Junior Member

Default Lots of questions

Hi

I am new to the post. My husband and I are South African and wanting to immigrate to NZ. He is a qualified spraypainter and I am currently working in a University as an administrator. We are considering applying for EOI but have lots of questions. Here are a few of our questions :

1. My job title is Administrator but my job entails admin management. I have seen on previous posts that this title is on the skills list. What does this mean? How many points can I claim for this? I have 4 years expereince in this post.

2. My BMI is 30 and I have noted that others have had problems with medicals when their BMI was high (obese). How will this effect our application?

3. We currently have 110 points with no job offers (maybe more if I can claim for the Admin Management!). Should we apply for the EOI now or go to NZ and apply for jobs?

4. Would we have to apply for work permits 1st?

5. My husband's job is on the immediate shortages list but not on the long term shortages list. Will this slow down the process for application?

6. Can anyone suggest personnel companies etc we can contact?

Sorry about all the questions but we are just so excited and want to get going as soon as possible.

Caz
    Caz is offline Member

Hi Werner,

Welcome!

I am new here too, so i am really not in a position to answer any of your questions, however i am sure one of the more experienced members will.

I dont know if you have had a look at the NZ jobs expo yet? There is one on in Johannesburg on the 19-20th July, that would help you answer any questions. Not sure where in South africa you live, but i do think its worth the journey. I have family in Durban who were looking into it also.

We are planning to go to the one in London this year and have heard that they are quite good, some people even get job offers through it.

I have posted the link for you just incase :P
    Opportunities New Zealand - EXP08

Regards, Caz xx
    Life is a Game - Great when you're winning - Crap when you're losing!

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Hi

I am new to the post. My husband and I are South African and wanting to immigrate to NZ. He is a qualified spraypainter and I am currently working in a University as an administrator. We are considering applying for EOI but have lots of questions. Here are a few of our questions :

1. My job title is Administrator but my job entails admin management. I have seen on previous posts that this title is on the skills list. What does this mean? How many points can I claim for this? I have 4 years expereince in this post. Can't help on that one

2. My BMI is 30 and I have noted that others have had problems with medicals when their BMI was high (obese). How will this effect our application? BMI should be below 35. If it is higher you may need more tests

3. We currently have 110 points with no job offers (maybe more if I can claim for the Admin Management!). Should we apply for the EOI now or go to NZ and apply for jobs? You could submit your EOI and then add jobs onto it as and when you get them

4. Would we have to apply for work permits 1st? You need a job first before you can get a WP

5. My husband's job is on the immediate shortages list but not on the long term shortages list. Will this slow down the process for application? Not sure

6. Can anyone suggest personnel companies etc we can contact? Can't help

Sorry about all the questions but we are just so excited and want to get going as soon as possible.
    I have highlighted my response - hope it helps. Other should be along who can answer the others.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch