Thread: Advice on EOI required

thinkcentre is offline Junior Member

Default Advice on EOI required

Hi there, total newbie here. Am glad that I stumbled across this forum as it seems to have provided a lot of people with answers. :)

I am submitting an EOI under the Skilled Migrant Category. Currently I am employed in New Zealand with a General Work Visa as a Graduate Engineer. I also obtained my degree in a New Zealand university last year (hence the title Graduate Engineer! :) ). I should not have any problems regarding the recognised qualifications questions.

However, I am kind of stumped at this question regarding my employment. It says
    "You should explain what is in your job description and how this is consistent with the occupational tasks for your occupation in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations. Also explain how your recognised qualification and/or work experience is relevant to your job".

How do I go about explaining that my job description is consistent with the occupational tasks in the ANZSCO list?

Would it be appropriate to just copy and paste my job description (which was kindly provided by the HR manager) and then do a comparison with the tasks listed in the ANZSCO list?

Also, since my official title (under my employment contract) is a Graduate Engineer, but my duties and degree obtained is best described by the Industrial Engineer description on ANZSCO, I assume that it is suitable to list Industrial Engineer is my main occupation. Yes?

Based from what I have read on the Immigration NZ website, a skilled employment is considered skilled if the tasks in my job description matches the qualifications and core tasks in ANZSCO. So, no matter what my "official" title is, as long as my job description matches ANZSCO, I should be fine?

Phew. Sorry for the barrage of questions. The form has been confusing me to no end. I tried emailing the online help on Immigration but they take way too long to write up a reply to my questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    ________
    How To Roll A Blunt
    Last edited by thinkcentre; 13-03-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Welcome to the forum

Translated from INZ language, they want you to find the job title on the ANZSCO list that best matches what you do, and provide a job description that should match that title. Graduate Engineer could be anything, so I wouldnt worry too much about that being your work title. Just find the title from the list and put in the description from the HR person and you should be fine
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

thinkcentre is offline Junior Member

Hm. Turns out that they only allow a limited number of words for my job description. So tried fitting in as many tasks (4 to be exact) as possible and ended with "It is consistent with ANZSCO tasks."

That should be fine I hope. *Fingers crossed*
    ________
    Buy Bubblers
    Last edited by thinkcentre; 13-03-2011 at 10:32 AM.

kaztayli is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thinkcentre View Post
    Hi there, total newbie here. Am glad that I stumbled across this forum as it seems to have provided a lot of people with answers. :)

I am submitting an EOI under the Skilled Migrant Category. Currently I am employed in New Zealand with a General Work Visa as a Graduate Engineer. I also obtained my degree in a New Zealand university last year (hence the title Graduate Engineer! :) ). I should not have any problems regarding the recognised qualifications questions.

However, I am kind of stumped at this question regarding my employment. It says
    "You should explain what is in your job description and how this is consistent with the occupational tasks for your occupation in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations. Also explain how your recognised qualification and/or work experience is relevant to your job".

How do I go about explaining that my job description is consistent with the occupational tasks in the ANZSCO list?

Would it be appropriate to just copy and paste my job description (which was kindly provided by the HR manager) and then do a comparison with the tasks listed in the ANZSCO list?

Also, since my official title (under my employment contract) is a Graduate Engineer, but my duties and degree obtained is best described by the Industrial Engineer description on ANZSCO, I assume that it is suitable to list Industrial Engineer is my main occupation. Yes?

Based from what I have read on the Immigration NZ website, a skilled employment is considered skilled if the tasks in my job description matches the qualifications and core tasks in ANZSCO. So, no matter what my "official" title is, as long as my job description matches ANZSCO, I should be fine?

Phew. Sorry for the barrage of questions. The form has been confusing me to no end. I tried emailing the online help on Immigration but they take way too long to write up a reply to my questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We are having problems with this too. My husband is in Refrigeration (and aircon) but we can't find a description for his job. He moves around and his clients are diverse so we can't even use that. What do we do?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

There is an entry for aircondtioning and refrigeration mechanic on the Long Term Skill Shortage List under Trades Occupations, which should allow him to apply for residency if he has a relevant qualification and work experience.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

kaztayli is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    There is an entry for aircondtioning and refrigeration mechanic on the Long Term Skill Shortage List under Trades Occupations, which should allow him to apply for residency if he has a relevant qualification and work experience.
    Yes there is but we can't find a proper description of his job. The only available description is air con and heating (of which he is trained in but isn't what he actually does) He's in Industrial refrigeration - which is not an option