Thread: Advice needed with EOI work experience

Canada-NZ is offline Junior Member

Question Advice needed with EOI work experience

I am going to submit EOI without job offer soon. My work experience is in IT as a Network Administrator/Technical Support. What is the best way to answer the following question under work experience in the EOI form?

"Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised... (For example, it is relevant to your recognised qualification, or your skilled employment):"

At the EOI stage do I need to give all the details such as job description, work duties, occupation code, etc, or is it enough to simply say the work experience is relevant to getting skilled employment in New Zealand (and then provide full details at the ITA stage) ?

Also for the field "Type of industry/business" do I need to get a pre-defined one from NZIS website or is it enough to give just a general description of the business?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi,

I don't know if you've read through the Guide to applying for EOI . I guess the EOI stage is one where INZ scrutinise all your details to assess how many points they think you can get and how suitable you are for residency. Based on this assumption, I would think putting in any relevant information that could help with this would be a good thing.

I haven't filled in an EOI myself so unfortunately can't give much help but, no doubt, others will be along soon to answer your queries.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

fevziye99 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-NZ View Post
    I am going to submit EOI without job offer soon. My work experience is in IT as a Network Administrator/Technical Support. What is the best way to answer the following question under work experience in the EOI form?

"Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised... (For example, it is relevant to your recognised qualification, or your skilled employment):"

At the EOI stage do I need to give all the details such as job description, work duties, occupation code, etc, or is it enough to simply say the work experience is relevant to getting skilled employment in New Zealand (and then provide full details at the ITA stage) ?

Also for the field "Type of industry/business" do I need to get a pre-defined one from NZIS website or is it enough to give just a general description of the business?
    For the Please indicate why.... you should basically summarize in 5-6 lines why your skills will be recognized. As an IT/Network Admnistrator, these are essential skills in the short-term and long-term that New Zealand requires (ICT), so your case should be pretty strong.

For the 2nd question you ask, you can type Information Technology (albeit if you find something from the list, that is then considered more accurate and applicable).