Thread: Hi everybody I am new here

fugu1977 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Hi everybody I am new here

Hi everybody. My name is Sapna and I am new here. I checked my Points calculator on the New Zealand Government Website and it says I have 115 points without a job offer. I have completed Bachelor of Pharmacy in India and Master of Science in Biotechnology in Brisbane, Australia. Do you think it is worth it for me to lodge an Expression of Interest? Also I have an issue with regards to one of my degree certificates which went missing. Will this be a problem? Do they always check with the universities? I have one certified copy of the misplaced certificate. Another issue is work experience. I have read on the forum that they want the contact name in the workplace. If I just have the referee letter is it alright or must they have full contact details including phone number? Anyways maybe this year I am hoping to lodge an EOI. I was interested in Australia also. What are your views? Would Australia be a better option or New Zealand!

Exclamation Plz reply somebody! :(

Please reply somebody.....

fugu1977

Quote Originally Posted by fugu1977 View Post
    Hi everybody. My name is Sapna and I am new here. I checked my Points calculator on the New Zealand Government Website and it says I have 115 points without a job offer. I have completed Bachelor of Pharmacy in India and Master of Science in Biotechnology in Brisbane, Australia. Do you think it is worth it for me to lodge an Expression of Interest? Also I have an issue with regards to one of my degree certificates which went missing. Will this be a problem? Do they always check with the universities? I have one certified copy of the misplaced certificate. Another issue is work experience. I have read on the forum that they want the contact name in the workplace. If I just have the referee letter is it alright or must they have full contact details including phone number? Anyways maybe this year I am hoping to lodge an EOI. I was interested in Australia also. What are your views? Would Australia be a better option or New Zealand!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sapna, sorry about the delay in replying. Your rather complicated query came in late during my evening and I was just off to my bed .

Hi everybody. My name is Sapna and I am new here. I checked my Points calculator on the New Zealand Government Website and it says I have 115 points without a job offer. I have completed Bachelor of Pharmacy in India and Master of Science in Biotechnology in Brisbane, Australia.
    It's best to check on here about your Indian qualification and on here for your Australian qualification. If you need to get them assessed you will need to apply to these people .

Do you think it is worth it for me to lodge an Expression of Interest?
    If, after checking up on your qualifications, you feel that you still have enough points, then go ahead.

Also I have an issue with regards to one of my degree certificates which went missing. Will this be a problem? Do they always check with the universities? I have one certified copy of the misplaced certificate.
    You can submit a certified copy of your missing qualification (or any other qualification) but, as you don't have the original now, it would be a good idea to make some photocopies in case the certified copy is somehow lost. Perhaps it would be advisable to apply to the relevant university for a replacement because, if the certified copy does go missing, you will then have nothing. You only need to send evidence of your qualifications when you submit your ITA.

Another issue is work experience. I have read on the forum that they want the contact name in the workplace. If I just have the referee letter is it alright or must they have full contact details including phone number?
    It does happen that, over the years, companies cease to be in business and it's impossible to give a contact there. If you have anything at all that relates to your time with that company, like payslips, contract or anything on the company's letter-heading then use that. If the company still exists and you can get a contact's details, then that would be good or, alternatively, get a letter from them confirming your employment with them and the length of your service.

Anyways maybe this year I am hoping to lodge an EOI. I was interested in Australia also. What are your views? Would Australia be a better option or New Zealand!
    Which country you decide on is particular to you and what you want to do or what you like. Australia isn't any easier to get into than NZ and possibly more dificult as a lot of people seem to use NZ as a stepping-stone to get into Australia. People who choose NZ over Australia often don't like the animals and insects that can bite and kill, which NZ doesn't have. Climate can be a decider too as parts of Australia are too hot and uncomfortable. I would advise reading all you can on both countries and then make your decision. Good luck!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thumbs up Sorry to catchya before ur bedtime

Thanks for ur advice mother bear. I have seen on ur website that you guys don't advise agents. So maybe I won't go that route.

Thanks mother bear you have been really helpful and once again i sam sooooooo sorry i delayed ur bedtime!

Nice to know you!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

I have seen on ur website that you guys don't advise agents.

Hey Sapna, Welcome to our forum

It's not that we don't 'recommend' using Immigration Agents/Consultants, we just like to make people aware that doing your application yourself is perfectly manageable, if you're prepared for a lot of hard work and have the time to dedicate to it. We are aware that there are some very good Immigration Consultants out there (we have one such company who we work closely with and trust, see the Home Page of the forum!) who will save you a lot of hassle in the long run, so weigh up the options and if you're happy that you know what you're doing, then go it alone - if not, approach a reputable agent who has your best interests at heart Some people will swear by using agents, others think they are totally unneccesary - your call!

Good luck with your application!

Lightbulb Bye everybody I must leave here :'(

I had assumed my occupation was on the skills shortage list as I had checked a while back and just now I checked and that was not the case.

I am Master of Science in Biotechnology so that's not in either list and I don't think it will be that easy to get a job offer if it is not even on the list!!

So bye everybody and thanks for answering my queries....looks like the answer about whether to go to Aus or NZ was answered automatically!!

I will surely arrive one day in NZ as a tourist though!!

seeya and best of luck to all in your applications....

tc

sapna (fugu1977)

xxx

Smile Hi gud news for me

Hi I just now checked the occupations list and I can get in as a lecturer with my Masters in Biotechnology degree. Great news for me! Hope to show there soon!

seeya

:)

sapna (fugu1977)

xxx

with all the complications i think i might go via an agent. we'll see!
    Last edited by fugu1977; 18-02-2008 at 06:38 PM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Great news, Sapna. Hope it all goes well for you. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thumbs up thanks mother bear

thanks mother bear. i will surely let u guys know how i get on!

smiles,

tc,

sapna (fugu)

xxx