Thread: Doubts while Completing EOI

abhinav is offline Junior Member

Default Doubts while Completing EOI

Folks, thanks to snow storms here in minneapolis, I was finally at home today and was trying to complete my online EOI but got stuck because of few doubts.

Could anyone please help me with these:

1. Question F2a. Prinicipal Applicants Recognised Qualification:

Here,it asks for "Date Obtained". Which date is this? Also, it asks for "Date Commenced Studies" and "Date Completed Studies" which I understand.

So, is "Date Obtained" same as "Date Completed Studies"?

2. Question G1. Pricipal Applicants Recognised Work Experience:

There is no way we can enter the current job description because every job description needs an end date. So, can I only enter the descriptions of previous jobs?

Also, it asks for the "Contact Name" in job descriptions. Does it have to be the contact name of anyone who is still working in my previous company ? or does it have to some Supervisor or HR ?

I might have many more questions as I go ahead. Please help me with these.

Thanks...

Friends...One more doubt:

Question A13: It asks to list all countries where one has lived for 12 months or more in last 10 years. This is fine.

Then it says "Include all countries where your stay has been broken by any departures.". Can someone explain what this means ?

I mean I was in UK for 4 months in 2001. So, I was not going to include that because thats less than 12 months.
    But this statement "Include all countries where your stay has been broken by any departures.". is a bit confusing. Can someone please help ?

Thanks...

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Date obtained and Date studies completed can be the same. I think the distinction is drawn for those qualifications that would include a separate examination, for instance.

As for the contact, I think a supervisor would be best. I don't know that they check them at the EoI stage. However, I do remember getting a letter from my current employer that verified my work experience, which may have been for my ITA. (I only had the one letter since I was with one employer for 10 years. But I'm sure most companies are used to dealing with those types of requests should they arise.)

I think the 'broken' visits mean you were in the UK for 4 months, went home for a little while, then went back for 8 months. They're looking for 12 months total residence.

Don't sweat the EoI too much, because you will have a chance to correct things like that in your ITA.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

MaxG is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by abhinav View Post
    Could anyone please help me with these:

2. Question G1. Pricipal Applicants Recognised Work Experience:

There is no way we can enter the current job description because every job description needs an end date. So, can I only enter the descriptions of previous jobs?
    Yes, it's an irritatingly ill-thought-out form on the whole. For my current employment, I just put the date of the day I submitted the form as the end date - at least I could guarantee that was true!
    EOI submitted 25/9/2007 175 points
    EOI selected 26/9/2007
    EOI decision successful 4/10/2007
    ITA received 10/10/2007 (sent 3/10/2007!)
    ITA submitted 14/11/2007

Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got, till it's gone?

Thanks folks...appreciate quick reply :)

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

We also put the date of submission on the current job description, and there were no problems. The contact name - I believe we put down whoever our supervisors were. I think they just need someone who can confirm that you were employed. Strangely, we had one employer (big company) that had no record of us or our boss - or the office we occupied! At least that job was more than 10 years prior, but it was still frustrating.

I also worried that we misinterpreted some of their questions, but apparently didn't.

Good luck!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s