Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EOI ---waiting.......

Michi_88 is offline Junior Member

Default EOI ---waiting.......

Hi there!

I submitted my EOI last Aug 10 with 120 pts. and was selected Aug 15, until now, i haven't receive any news from the immigration....almost 2 months past and still the status was "Selected"...how long does it take them to verify my credentials? I already have my qualifications assessed by the NZQA and was given level 7.

Do i need to take the IELTS? I need to have their response the soonest so as to decide if i should enroll myself in a review school which will commence in November to take an international licensure exams...

Hope you can help me on this...

Thanks...

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

It seems to take 2-3 months. As you can see from my sig line, it took a little over 2 months from selection until I had my ITA in hand.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

With less than 140 points, it can take longer to see any movement from INZ and, as KH says, it can be several months. Hope you won't have to wait much longer.

This is what the INZ Operations Manual says about EOI selection, just to give you some idea of how it works.

As Expressions of Interest are entered into the Pool they will be ranked on the basis of total points claimed for employability and capacity building factors in accordance with Skilled Migrant (Application) Policy. The ranking of Expressions of Interest relative to each other will change as Expressions of Interest enter, or are withdrawn from, the Pool.
    Expressions of Interest in the Skilled Migrant Category Pool are selected from that Pool periodically on the Government's behalf by the Department of Labour.
    Selections from the Pool after 21 December 2005 are made in the following manner:
    Expressions of Interest that have total points of 140 or more are selected automatically from the Pool;
    Expressions of Interest that have total points of 100 or more but less than 140, and include points for offers of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand, are selected (according to their points ranking) in sufficient numbers to meet the requirements of the Skilled/Business Stream of the New Zealand Residence Programme (NZRP) at the time of that selection (subject to any adjustment to the number or distribution of places in the NZRP determined by the Government).
    If, following the selection process set out at (c) above, further places are available in the Skilled/Business Stream of the NZRP at the time of that selection (subject to any adjustment to the number or distribution of places in the NZRP determined by the Government), additional Expressions of Interest may be selected from the Pool on the basis of criteria set from time to time by the Minister of Immigration, having regard to the objectives of the Skilled Migrant Category. Those criteria are specified at SM3.15.1.
    SM3.15.1 Additional selection criteria

The following additional selection criteria apply for the purposes of SM3.15(d), for selections from the Pool occurring between 1 February 2007 and 31 July 2007 inclusive.
    Expressions of Interest will be selected by applying the criteria in the order in which they appear in (i) – (iv), to the extent necessary to satisfy any exercise of the discretion under SM3.15 (d):
    Expressions of Interest that include 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage (in descending order of their points total);
    Expressions of Interest that include 10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage (in descending order of their points total);
    Expressions of Interest that include 10 points for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage (in descending order of their points total);
    the points total of Expressions of Interest not meeting any of the criteria in (i) – (iii) (in descending order).

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_88 View Post
    Do i need to take the IELTS?
    You only need to take the IELTS test if English is not your natural language.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

Morning,

We have 140 point on selection from the pool but no job offer. From selection to the status being changed on their website took 11 weeks.
    It was then another week before we received the ITA paperwork.

Job offers get processed first, and then they process the rest at their leisure.

All the best, I know exactly how you're feeling as it was me just 3 weeks ago!!

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Hello there!

Thanks so much for the info.. hope i can have a positive response from the immigration the soonest coz im not that really good in waiting....

Hope i can be there once more, i've spent a one month vacation there and i really like the place.

Kind regards...

Mel John is offline Member

Unhappy 17 Working Days And Counting..................

I know I keep harping on but !!!!!!!!!!!!..............................
    We were selected from the pool on 26/9 with 140 points and my OH's job offer.
    I have since received a job offer which is on the skilled migrant list and with an INZ approved employer.
    I have notified INZ about this and thought, rightly or wrongly that we would have heard something by now.
    I had really hoped that INZ would have made my weekend .................
    17 days and still counting...................................

Hi there!

Is there any other way to hasten their process? i keep on waiting and waiting... Is it okay if im going to ask the immigration why did it take it so long for them to verify my papers since my qualifications were already assesed by the NZQA? I just wanted to know what's my stand.. sorry if im so persistent but i just want them to let me know if i will still go to the next process...

Kind regards...

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Oh dear, two very unhappy applicants.

It is very frustrating when things don't seem to be moving forward, especially when something else is going on that relies on a speedy result. I can only imagine, if everything is already safely with INZ, they are just really busy at the moment. It's a pity they can't put up a table of timings so everyone knows how long they are likely to be waiting around. Some branches around the world are busier than others and timings may be quite different. Of course, it doesn't help that it's been Labour Day weekend and a public holiday.

You can call them up or email them, but I suspect they will work at their own pace as, no doubt, hundreds of other people are in the same position and anxious to hear from them.

Michi_88, it may not be the verification of your papers that's holding things up, perhaps, as I said, INZ are just very busy and these things can sometimes take longer than they should to come through. If it is the verification that's delaying matters, perhaps there's been some holdup along the line with information coming through.

Mel, I would hope you'll be hearing shortly, as you have all your ducks lined up in the correct order and ready to go, so to speak . Again, it could be down to pressure of work that INZ is being so slow or maybe they're checking up on your job offers and there's been a slow response from the other side. Give them a few more days and maybe then a phone call or email might be in order to check on progress and to let them know you're still waiting. This is what they say about processing times at the London Branch.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Mel John is offline Member

Unhappy Thanks for the sympathy......... it was needed

Thanks for the comments of encouragement MB. I will give them until the end of the week and if no news will give them a call!

Thanks so much Mother Bear! What a relief...yeah i think i really have to wait but if november 15 comes which will be the 3rd month from the time i was chosen from the pool, i think i really need to send them an email....

Kind regards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast