Thread: Please Help EOI

johnnz is offline Junior Member

Default Please Help EOI

Hi there,I would like some info please.
    Here is my story,I submitted my EOI on August 1st with 115 points and was selected right away for further checking and and the status said selected on the NZIS website.
    I then got an email saying I only had 105 points as I wasnt entitled to bonus points.
    Now my eoi status has changed from selected to submitted and I,ve heard nothing more so it seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back.Dont know where I,m at!!I am still in the pool but it seems submitted is worse than selected.I,m confused and would love any info you could share.Thanks John

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi John,

I would say it means that they are still considering you for selection. You can sit in the pools for a few months before being selected. Hopefully as they've already seen your EOI it may move a bit quicker. I'm sorry I cant be of much more help.

Did the email you receive have a contact name of it? Perhaps you could call them to find out or email them?

Good luck with everything and try and not let it dishearten you too much. There are some applicants who have waited almost the full 6 months just to be selected out of the pool. But I can totally sympathise with how frustrating it is to get told good news one day then something different the next.

Unfortunately that's the way it is with Immi...

Hi LilAmy thanks for the info.I will try and stay positive.I am going to the NZ Expo at Manchester this weekend so maybe get some info from there.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi John

to the forum.

Very annoying that INZ knocked you back a few points, but it's only a bit of a setback and happens to a lot of people. Sounds like they've readjusted your status back to the starting blocks again where your application has been listed as submitted rather than selected. It may well take longer to be re-selected now as INZ generally take those with more points first, but you should still get there sooner or later. It'll just be a test of your patience and nerve.

Here's hoping it won't be too much longer before your status changes again and you can move forward once more.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hi Mother Bear, thanks again for the advice and the encouragement. I am determined to get there eventually. I just hope it gets selected again before Jan 3rd as I turn 45 then, so another EOI application would see me lose more points for my age. Will just have to be patient I guess.