Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Time Frame for EOI

  1. #1
    ShellBda's Avatar
    ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    269

    Default Time Frame for EOI

    Bermy Girl and I intend on moving to New Zealand BY July, 2008 (or sooner). We will need to receive job offers before we can submit our EOI under the Skilled Migrant category. Should we submit an EOI before we receive a job offer and add the job offer later and if so, based on our intended move date, when should we submit an EOI or, as we won't have jobs, should we just wait until we are in NZ?

    As soon as I finish my course in Technical Comm., I will have 100 points without a job offer (I know I have said this before). So, would it make sense for me to submit the EOI in about 4 or 5 months? I am not sure it does make sense. There is a chance it could be selected from the pool but it wouldn't be much help if I am not in NZ and do not have a job offer.

    So many thoughts running through my mind this evening....

  2. #2
    MotherBear's Avatar
    MotherBear is offline The missing link
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Posts
    11,180
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    This is tricky in that, I assume, both you and BG will need to get job offers around the same time. While you?re on your visit to NZ you could well make some valuable contacts although I?d doubt whether you?d be offered actual jobs until much nearer the time you want to move. But, you never know. A lot of potential employers resist making job offers when you don?t have a firm date to move to NZ, in case you change your mind about immigrating in the meantime, and I?m sure that must happen to others on occasions.

    NZIS start at the top with those who have 140+ points and then work their way down until their quota is full so having only 100 points puts you at the bottom of the pile. If you do submit in the next few months, you can always notify NZIS if you get a job offer and they can amend your file.

    If it?s more likely that you?ll only get a job offer once you?re permanently in NZ, you can apply for a Work Permit to entitle you to start work legally, but, at the same time, you can also submit your EOI with the extra points. I guess it?s really up to you how you want to go about it and how things pan out jobsearch-wise when you?ve visited NZ.

    You have time yet before you can submit anything because you say you want to finish your course first. Then I think I?d see how the NZ visit goes and re-evaluate once that?s over. I wouldn?t think there?s any blinding rush to submit your EOI at the moment because the chances of being picked any time soon on 100 points is very slim.
    Mother Bear

    Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

  3. #3
    ShellBda's Avatar
    ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    269

    Default

    I have to agree with you MB in that we should wait until we are in NZ before submitting an EOI. Who knows how long it will take to find a job and I don't think our EOI stays in the pool forever. You are right in that Bermy Girl and I would have to find a job around the same time and this is not going to happen. Our main concern is each of us finding a job in the same town!!

  4. #4
    Bermy Girl's Avatar
    Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShellBda View Post
    ... I don't think our EOI stays in the pool forever. You are right in that Bermy Girl and I would have to find a job around the same time and this is not going to happen....
    Our EOI will stay in the pool for six months I believe. I think we should submit two months before we go, then we can get all the documents ready for it and have it in and then we have four months to find jobs once we get there to adjust our EOI and hopefully get selected from the pool then. It will be one less thing to worry about when we first arrive in NZ, if we know that's submitted already. Then we just have to worry about the real stuff for our ITA if we get offered it. Either way we are going to have to get work permits first. Just my humble opinion...could be I'm completely off my tree...have been wondering recently.... I think the upcoming trip is skewinng my thoughts...come on AB's!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46