Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long once you've been selected

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default How long once you've been selected

Hi Guys,

Just wondering once you've beeen selected from the pool for your EOI and rcvd your letter advising you of this how long does it usually take to find out if you can get your ITA?

I saw a post a few weeks ago from Taffy saying usually 10 days but has anyone recently experienced this at all to say whether or not its still about that time frame?

Friends of mine got their letter about a month ago and havent heard anything and we got our letter on the weekend and nothing else has been said when we should expect to hear back from them.

Woops popped this into the wrong category its supposed to be in the EOI cat but dont know how to change it - sorry!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

(Moved it for you!)
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Amy,

You should be able to follow progress on the NZIS site if you've applied online. It will tell you at the top of your page, I think. Not having applied myself, I'm not sure what's on there exactly.

If you've applied in NZ, I think there's quite a backlog at the moment so maybe that's holding things up. Apart from that, being chosen out of the pool can take up to several months in some cases. It depends how many points you've got, whether you've got a job offer on the boil and how busy NZIS are at the time. Very difficult to put a time to it unfortunately.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hello,

The online thing is pants - immi are quite bad at not telling you much at this stage by the looks of things.

It just says 'You have been selected and we are assessing your application blah blah blah' no timescale expectations at all

Plus we didnt even know we'd been selected even tho we asked for our main route of communications to be on email/internet. It was by chance I looked and noticed we had been selected then a week later we got the letter saying the same thing.

Ah well I suppose it's just a wait and see now ...

Blog Entries

Timing has always been a matter of guesswork with NZIS. I couldn't begin to say the amount of charts, polls, collaborations of data etc that people have posted, that never fit the bill.

Sit back, crack open a tinny and relax Nothing in NZ comes quickly!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Well we dont need to worry about how long any more we got a lovely call this morning from them saying our qualifications arent on their list and unless we can get a full time job in the IT field we wont get an ITA!

This kinda messes up our plans as we are going back to the UK in 3 weeks time for 7 weeks so we only really have a few weeks to get a job and get the contract to them.

Even tho at this moment we are in employment!!! Ahhh this is so frustrating and upsetting...

Blog Entries

Aren't your jobs full time at the moment? Or are they not in the right field?
    Taffy

Mine is full time and Stu's is a full time contract in IT but it ends at the end of June then we're back in Scotland for 7 weeks for my Brother in laws wedding.

So when we come back in Aug Stu has to get another IT or promise of one (what ever that means) job and then we have to resubmit our EOI with another $300 and then apparantly we'll get our ITA immediately or so the immi officer said on the phone. But I dont understand how we'll get it immediately if its a fresh application???

It's such a money making scheme. Stu's contacting all his agencies now to get them to keep an eye out for jobs. My work have said they'll keep me on but it's not in IT which doesnt help me.

Ahhhhhhhh the stress. We've been in the same jobs from Nov and that doesnt count!!!!

Blog Entries

Oh man what a pain in the bum. Do you know if there's any point in getting your quals assessed? That might save a bit of stress if you can get those points back.
    Taffy

I'm not sure?

He never mentioned anything of that on the phone call.

Trying to call him back but its one of those annoying messages that say 'We're currently busy please call later' then hang up on us argggg

My head is thumping now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast