Thread: job offer but what do i put in the EOI

karatt is offline Junior Member

Default job offer but what do i put in the EOI

i have had an interview and been offered a job as a corrections officer, i have 20yrs experience but was wondering am i a skilled migrant? what do i put done on the EOI and will i be accepted on 110 points right away?

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi Karat,

Welcome to the forum.

Well done you on getting offered a job! You must be thrilled.

So onto your PR application. I am pretty sure you wont get automatically invited to apply for PR on 110 points. You have to have 140 at the moment to get an automatic invitation to apply.

But I do know that friends of mine who only reached 100points on the Skilled Migrant Cat applied for their EOI in Jan and just got their ITA this month so you do have a good chance of getting in on 110, so dont worry about that one.

I'm not too sure if your occupation is on the list or not you'd need to check this out on the Immi Site. I would do this but I am just running out of the office shortly.

Hopefully you can find your info on the immi site.

Good luck!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Karatt and welcome, again.

Would your job title of Corrections Officer be similar to Prison Officer? If so, we've had a couple of people on here before who were applying in this situation. I know one got his PR but we lost touch with the other one just after the first one moved on. I think Prison Officer or similar is on the skills shortages list, so you should be OK. The NZIS pages concerning the skills list is down at my end so I can't check at the moment.

As Amy says, you need 140 points for automatic acceptance at the moment, but you should have no problems applying with less. It just may take a bit longer. Having a job offer sometimes helps to oil the wheels, so things might go more quickly for you. Does the 110 points include your job offer and experience?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

the 110 points does include the the job offer and experience. i cannot find prison officer ( aka correction officer) anywhere on the immigration website.starting to get square eyes !!

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by karatt View Post
    i have had an interview and been offered a job as a corrections officer, i have 20yrs experience but was wondering am i a skilled migrant? what do i put done on the EOI and will i be accepted on 110 points right away?
    From what I can see on the NZIS site you can apply under the skilled migrant category with 110 points, but you do not come under a category of absolute skill shortages, so cannot claim extra points for this. From the statistics on the government site, it looks like they accepted 33 migrants under the Prison Officer category in 2006/07 year and 96 in 2005/6 year. So, it looks like you would have a good chance of being approved for ITA from your EOI.

Hope this helps a little...

thanks for the reply's guys. cheers . cant wait to come over when i was over for my interview i was smitten with the place and the people.