Thread: qualifications

sanvitto is offline Junior Member

Default qualifications

HI,

Would you be able to tell me whether an MCSE ( Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) is a recognised qualification in NZ. Would i be able get points for EIO on this?

many thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sanvitto. Welcome to our shiny new forum. Good to have you here.

Apologies for the delay in replying, but it's been very difficult trying to find a positive answer to your question.

From looking back to old posts on the forum, I believe you can get some points for the MCSE but it wouldn't be enough to get you PR on its own. We've got a few IT members on the forum so I hope at least one of them can give you a definite answer to your query. I've tried searching through the NZIS site, but that's as clear as mud and just sent me round in circles.

It should certainly help to get you a job in NZ from what I can see.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Hi again,

I've hunted around a bit more and found bits and pieces that imply that possibly no points will be awarded for an MCSE qualification although it would be valuable when applying for jobs. NZIS are looking more for degrees and City and Guilds type quals plus relevant experience (at least 3 years). I've read many conflicting reports about whether MCSE attracts points or not, it's not funny. However, I think some of the confusing arises between the MCSE being a recognised qualification when applying for a Work Permit or a job, but not for accumulating points for PR.

If you don't have enough points without the MCSE, it might be better to travel to NZ, get a job and WP, then trying applying for PR within NZ after you've got some NZ experience under your belt.

The body that decides about the qualifications and who assesses them is the NZQA . It might be worth having a look around their site or even contacting them if you are unsure.
    Mother Bear

sanvitto is offline Junior Member

Default qualifications

many thanks for your replies,

right now i have 130points with my spouse being the principle applicant, if i could get atleast another 10 points for my qualification(mcse) we would be accepted. i guess we should maybe just sit it out till the next draw on the 11th april.

regards
    sanvitto

rahaman is offline Junior Member

Default Qualification Pre Assessment

hi
    i am also have the same problem in Qualification Assessment. I did Post Graduate Diploma in Web Engineering in a Training Institute . but the institiute was no longer exist. but i have Bachelor Degree in Electronics & Communication in which i did some Programming Languages in C,C++. I have 5+ yrs exp as IT Professional and my EOI has been selected from pool on March 14 2007. Then i applied for Pre-Assessment to NZQA and i got the result that my they can't assess my diploma qualification at pre-assessment stage. Anybody had this kind of experience ? pls share your experience . pls tell me how the NZQA will pre-assess Diploma qual ?

Blog Entries

This is the page for NZQA pre-assessments. It doesn't really specify what can and can't be pre-assessed, apart from NZ-based qualifications, which have to be dealt with in another way. Perhaps it's the type of qualification you want pre-assessing or the country the qualification is from that's causing a problem?
    Mother Bear