Thread: ~~ A Question about EOI selection ~~

mahesh is offline Junior Member

Default ~~ A Question about EOI selection ~~

Hi there!
    I submitted my EOI online application on Jan 27, 2007 and confirmed that it had 140 points. I have been working in IT as a Senior Programmer Analyst for more than 12 years now, out of which, 9-10 years of work experience is in USA! I got selected from the pool on Jan 31, 2007. I have not yet received any word on ITA till now. Normally, how much time this will take? Also, should I apply for FBI clearence for me and my spouse well in advance, so that, I will get it in time. I have already applied for Indian Police clearence certificate for both of us and would be getting it in 6 to 8 weeks.

Another question:
    While going through some of the forums earlier, I found various references on Blue Stickers. What is that? Is it something that one gets before getting her/his PR?

Thanks a ton.

:Remember I do not sleep very often so you can reply me anytime or may expect my email any time. ?:-X :-?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ~~ A Question about EOI selection ~~

Mahesh, welcome to the forum.

It's not unusual to hear nothing from NZIS for a while in between the EOI being selected and receiving your ITA pack in the mail, so don't panic. In some cases it can take up to several months to come through, but I'm sure you'll hear before then. Perhaps they are still recovering from the Christmas/New Year break ;). With 140 points you should get through easily as long as your medicals and police certificates are OK.

It might be a good idea to apply for your FBI clearance soon, as it can take quite a while to get back to you. Police certificates are valid for 6 months so you should still have enough time to get them in with your application before they expire, even if your ITA pack is slow reaching you.

Aaaah, blue stickers. These are what many people on here are looking forward to receiving. The blue stickers are the PR and also your Returning Residents Visa and they go in your passport.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

mahesh is offline Junior Member

Thank you very much, Mother Bear. [smiley=038.gif]

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Our ITA arrived about a month after our selection. I was mildly surprised that it came so quickly.

You could wait until your ITA arrives to apply for the FBI check. We applied for ours within days of receipt, and got them about 8 weeks later. Even if it arrives late, you can send in your NZIS application with an explanation, and forward the missing material when it arrives.

Good luck!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

duane1x is offline Member

Our FBI check had a very fast turnaround time. 2 weeks door to door. Maybe they were having a slow week.

The longest piece in my experience is turning out to be the full assessment by NZQA. In part because I didn't think I needed to do it, so I didn't prepare in advance. But then I read an annoucement that everyone claiming bonus points for skills shortage area - and it sounds like this would apply to you Mahesh - had to do the full assessment and submit with the ITA.

Nothing stopped us from going ahead with the assessment much earlier in the process. Oh well.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Our FBI check had a very fast turnaround time. 2 weeks door to door.
    Wow! That is quick. It's 40 days in the UK, if you're lucky. I seem to remember previously reading of some people in the US complaining about not having received their police certificates after quite some time waiting. Perhaps they've got their act together now.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

duane1x is offline Member

Maybe I'm just so squeaky clean. ;)