Thread: Timeline for EOI etc

boorer is offline Member

Default Timeline for EOI etc

I wondered if anyone has done a "timeline" for their application for NZ? I realise that some of it is a bit "how long is a piece of string", but would be very interested in one. I think my application should be quite straightforward, as I'm a teacher, but I don't want to "peak" too early, as our ideal time to go would be at Xmas 2007, in time to start the new school year in 2008. I'd hate to get to the stage of having to submit for the visa too early! Thanks!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Timeline for EOI etc

How annoying and frustrating! A while ago, when so many members were going through the system, we did have a drive where everyone was asked to post up their timelines to help others. However, after the hacking and the subsequent move to the new forum, the timelines were all lost, along with a load of other stuff.

Now many of those people are in NZ and getting on with their new lives. Unfortunately there aren't so many folks coming up behind them to fill in the gaps, so I don't know what kind of response you'll get, Boorer :-/. I don't know how many of the 'old' members will be able to remember their timelines now. I hope someone can help you out.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

duane1x is offline Member

11-03-06 submitted EOI online
    11-08-06 selected from pool
    11-09-06 Confirming email was received & status on website changed to (selected - under consideration)
    12-01-06 status changed on website to (decision successful)
    12-12-06 received ITA package from London

Our goal is to send the completed ITA in February. As to your worry about going too soon I recall reading I believe in these boards that you have up to 1 yr to enter NZ so you don't have to go until you are ready. I would do the application early rather than risk some hangup along the way.

Why mother bear is the "pipeline" so much slimmer these days?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I found this old thread where Moggy sets out how you can delay your arrival in NZ after you've got your PR. Also here's a page from the NZIS site mentioned by Lil Amy in the same thread which gives rough processing times for skilled migrants. I would emphasise that these timings are only a guideline and set in concrete. Some people's applications have gone through very quickly and others have had to wait several months for an outcome.

Why mother bear is the "pipeline" so much slimmer these days?
    Things often go quiet during holiday periods as many people, who normally read the forums when they're in work, are either at home or away having a good time. Apart from that I think it has gone quiet regarding new members who are frequent posters. This could be because this forum isn't advertised and is usually populated via word of mouth or folks stumbling over it while browsing the Net. A large percentage of our previously very active members successfully made it to NZ last year and, having now finished the immigration process, only look in on the forum occasionally. I guess you could say we've hit a bit of a hiatus :-?.

Let's hope we can manage to build up some more interest in the site and encourage the flow of information once again.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Ray_Pillay is offline Junior Member

Hi
    EOI online application : 29/09/06
    EOI Payment Received : 17/10/06
    Selected from Pool : 22/10/06
    ITA Package received : 30/10/06
    Residence submission : 14/11/06
    Residence Confirmation : 07/02/07

Thanks everyone for all the help

missvee is offline Senior Member

This is for Ray, now you have me worried. Have you got a job to go to? Is it skills shortage? I have a job to go to and it is a skills shortage, does this mean I could get PR quicker. Can I put pressure on my case officer if I contacted New Zealand Immigration in New Zealand.
    Missvee

Ray_Pillay is offline Junior Member

Hello missvee

I am already working in new zealand with a work permit.I came on a visitors visa and got a job.Been working here for a year now.I had numerousproblems working through my agent and decided to do all applications online.

Hoping to residence permit soon.

Regards
    Ray