Thread: EOI Help with stupid questions

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Default EOI Help with stupid questions

Hey guys, Gaz has decided that he could perhaps stomach being a barber for 3 months if it means getting us into NZ, so we're gonna put in an EOI whilst we'rre waiting to go next June anyway. But....a few quick questions!
    a) It says his main occupation has to be the one he has spent the most time doing in the last 12 months...well.. Gaz left hairdressing in 1999 to go back to uni - since getting his degree he's been working for his uncles demolition firm as a costing clerk and only doing some barber work for friends and family..will that mean they won't allow him to apply under that job title? The thing is that his hairdressing quals and 14yrs experience gain him more points than his humanities degree and no experience!!
    b) What does defacto mean on the marital status bit? I don't want to put divorced coz that's what I was 7 years ago since then I've been living with Gaz as his partner - the same goes for him but there's no option of 'living with partner' or do we class as married even though we're not?!
    c) I thought hairdresser was on the skills shortage list, I was sure I'd seen it there before but now I can't find it. Without skills shortage we score 105 but with it we score 125.

Answers to stupid questions very much appreciated :icon_biggrin:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: EOI Help with stupid questions

What does defacto mean on the marital status bit? I don't want to put divorced coz that's what I was 7 years ago since then I've been living with Gaz as his partner - the same goes for him but there's no option of 'living with partner' or do we class as married even though we're not?!
    A defacto relationship is one where you live together, so that would fit the bill. ?NZIS has no problem with defacto relationships as long as you can prove that you've both lived together in a stable relationship for 12 months or more. ?They like to see evidence of this e.g. photos, bank statements or bills in both names etc. ?Anything that links you both together.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

johnty is offline Senior Member

defacto,living over the hill,living in sin, tut,.
    tut
    thats twelve hail marys and a twiddle with those beady things.
    no as MB says if you can prove you are in a stable relationship for 12 months all is well.
    we are in the same defacto thingy
    tom and ally

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

By your description of the rules, Gaz's hairdressing skills won't count as his main occupation...unless he works at it for most of a year. I can see their logic, but geez. Good luck with it.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s