Thread: time between EOI selected status and receiving ITA

johnty is offline Senior Member

Default time between EOI selected status and receiving ITA

just wondering how long it takes between selected status and ITA or is it different for each individual

Cord72 is offline Junior Member

Default Time to ITA

Hi jonhty, It appears to me that you can apply the day before the next selection process (every 14 days they do another selection from the pool) and be selected the next day. They say they do some basic checking to verify your EIO fact, and then issue ITA if it looks legit.

I submitted mine today! and I will let you know how long it takes to hear anything. The next selection is 12 June, and hopefully I will be in it!

Cord72

moose is offline Senior Member

Hi Johnty

when we were selected it took approx 3-4wks before we heard anything back as to whether we were granted ita or not luckily for us we were. Then we had from march to june 10 to submit the ITA and all medicals, police reports etc. If I was you I would start collecting all relevant info now, i.e. where you can get your medicals done locally and x-rays and get your police reports papers filled out ready. This way you don't have big panic, also bear in mind if you are going on holiday this year then you are going to need your passports so get solicitor to do certified copies for you so that these can be sent off instead of passports, check with your assigned case worker that they will accept these copies first, ours did, also we had trouble getting a solicitor to certify them.

wat I'm trying to say is try and do some of the leg work now and then it's not so stressful when you get the go ahead.

all the best mate

cheers

Anna

johnty is offline Senior Member

many thanks for your advise
    we were lucky that when we sent in our EOI we were selected on the very next draw(totaly surprised,but very pleased as we had 130 points and no job} we have been ot get the forms from the cop shop form A96 hope thats the right one as the girl on the desk seemed a bit unsure.
    we have heard that some people are waiting 3+ months to get them back and its taking them very close to the time limit(police checks)
    many thanks
    johnty and ally