Thread: Waiting for our EOI but now have a job offer

kcamp is offline Junior Member

Default Waiting for our EOI but now have a job offer

Hi all,

About 2/12 months ago my partner and I filled out the EOI forms online and submitted them. As yet we haven't heard anything but I think I have now secured a job in NZ.
    If the job is mine I need to tell immigration and see if they will push my application through. On the www.immigration.govt.nz/ website it says I need to fax them the job offer details. Also my partner wants to work once we get there. Shes looking at a part time job only (hair stylused).

Could anyone give me more info and the best way to go about it please. My head is spinning with all the things we read !!!!

Regards
    Kevin

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Kevin,

to the forum.

If you were to be offered the job it would certainly help your application along. Some people hear quite quickly after submitting their EOI, others have had to wait a while. I think I?d consider giving NZIS a ring to see how things are coming along and it would also give you the chance to double check about whether you need to fax them your job offer when it?s confirmed.

Had you been further along the line where you had a case officer, it would have made things a bit simpler as you could have notified him/her that you had a job offer. Your partner could either apply for a Working Holiday Visa if she?s under 30 or could travel to NZ on a visitor?s visa. Either way she could then look around for work and once she?s had a job offer, she could apply for her own Work Permit and then work her way to getting PR. I don?t know if it?s any different because she only wants to work part time, but I shouldn?t think so.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hi Mother Bear,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The job offers with a double glazing company producing commercial products. I have some 20+ years in this field but here in the UK theres no qualifications gained for this type of work as its only a semi skill. In NZ it is treated as a skill and comes under the catagory of 'Glazier'.
    Could you see any problems with my visa ?. Also I haven't asked the employer weather he is an 'accredited company' does this make any difference?

By the way are you in NZ or still the dreary old UK !!!

Regards
    Kevin

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

That?s a tough question, Kevin. I honestly don?t know how you?d stand if the job of glazier is on the NZ skills list, but you don?t have any qualifications to ?back it up?. Have you tried to clarify the matter with NZIS as, I believe, not only could you need to have qualifications, but you may need them assessed by the NZQA before you?re accepted? How many points did you manage to score when you filled in your EOI without qualifications and a job offer?

I think it goes in your favour if your prospective employer is accredited. I know for a Work to Residence visa they have to be accredited. For any Work Permit it smoothes your way if your employer is accredited.

As for your last question, I?m neither in NZ nor UK, but in between in steamy Oman. We?ve got a while to wait yet before we can make the move down to NZ (NZIS permitting) as we?re going via the Family Sponsorship route.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hi Mother Bear,
    When we submitted our EOI we completed it using my partners qualifications and scored 100 points. She is a hair stylist so its on the long term skills list where as my qualifications are on the short term list. So we thought it would be better to use her qualifications.

Kevin

Cord72 is offline Junior Member

Default qualifications

Hi kcamp,
    There is a section in the skilled employment definitions that allows you to present your point as to why your work history should count. If you can talk it up to say the skills required for the job offer where gained in the course of your work history, as opposed to your formal education, you can make the case.

Check this out, and read SM7.10 a.ii and b.ii. Those are the clauses I have claimed in my EOI to gain the points. I submitted my EOI today and I'll find out how that worked next Monday when the next selection happens.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzis/...anual/6359.htm

Cord72

Cord72 is offline Junior Member

Also I think if you are selected for PR then your wife can get an open work visa for part time work anywhere. I am sure I read that somewhere but can't find that one off hand.
    Cord72