Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI to PR shown in easy steps

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default EOI to PR shown in easy steps

This page sets out the migration process fairly simply, starting with EOI and ending with either PR or the issue of a WTR permit. Doesn't cover other types of applications, but it's a start. Anyone think it's worth putting up as a sticky?

Take a look here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Looks good.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Cord72 is offline Junior Member

That does a great job in 2 minutes of explaining what I have come to understand in 6 months!! Those new to the process will appreciate that page.

Cord

Sajjad Anjum is offline Junior Member

Default Pls. Help

HI MB... and other fellows i wanna start my immigration process to New Zealand i am an IT Speciallist ( Software Programmer) having 11 years of experience in IT. I did my master in computer sciencs in 1999. and currently i am working in Kuwait. Will you pls. guys give me some informations regarding how i can start this process. as do i need first to send my applications and attested docs. for assessment but which department/agency for assessment. what happens after getting the positive assessment. i read their official sites but bit confused as filling EOI is too complicated. will you guys help me in this regard i will highly appreciate your advice and time.

Regards. to everyone here.

Sajjad Anjum--Kuwait.

Blog Entries

Sajjad, welcome to the forum.

Ah, Kuwait . I have very fond memories of that place, having lived there for 2 years.

If you want to have your qualifications assessed you can read through this document which is a guide and an application form.

I don't know if you have seen this document from NZIS which tells you about applying for the EOI . Perhaps you can read through it and, if you have any specific problems understanding the contents, you can ask here on the forum.

If you look on page 3 of this document it explains a bit about how the PR process goes.
    Mother Bear

monica is offline Junior Member

Default time scales?

hi MB

the flow chart EOI to PR is really helpfull and shows it clearly - thanks. i just wondered if you have any idea of how long the whole process takes. our agency, New Life New Zealand, say we get 150 points and that we may need a medical waiver for me, they recon my hubby can get a job in NZ as a physicist, lecturer, scientist, etc. we dont want to go down the electrician route really despite his qualifications. any clues to how long we're looking at as we have 2 boys about to take options at school?

regards

Monica.

Blog Entries

Hi Monica,

Unfortunately it would be very difficult to put a time on how long INZ would take to process your PR as it varies greatly depending on which branch you're dealing with, how busy they are, whether you have a job offer or not, how quickly they want to put your skills to good use and also whether there are any other issues to deal with e.g. in your case, the possibility of a medical waiver, which could hold things up. A PR application can take anything from a couple of months to go through to up to a year or more if things don't run smoothly.

150 points is a very good score and one that should normally see you through the PR process fairly quickly but, if you need to apply for a medical waiver, I really wouldn't like to say how much extra time would be involved with that.

Sorry I can't be more specific.
    Mother Bear

monica is offline Junior Member

Default thanks

MB
    thank you. there seem to be so many hurdles i'm worried we wont have time before it's too late for the schools
    monica

Blog Entries

Good timing and the INZ, as Dawn can verify, very rarely seem to go together, but we can but hope.

Fingers crossed for you.
    Mother Bear

TianaAndRyno is offline Junior Member

Hi Mother Bear

I'm new to this forum and wanted to have a look at the document you refer to.
    Unfortuanetly it seems as if the link has been removed by BlogCharm.

Here is there message:

"We regret to inform you that as of January 1, 2008, the BlogCharm site will no longer continue to operate."

Could you perhaps post a new link?

Thank you
    Tiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast