Thread: skilled or not skilled Im confused

Mouse is offline Junior Member

Default skilled or not skilled Im confused

hey [smiley=006.gif]

I have just got back from my working holiday of New Zealand and fell in love with the place, now I have decided I want to move there.

The problem I have is that I graduated in 2003 and don't really have a skill apart from many years of admin. I want to focus on a career in HR or Recruitment but am not sure if this would allow me EOI?

:'( getting all confuddled with it all. Can anybody help me??? :

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

What did you get your degree in Mouse? Is it in any way related to recruitment or HR? If your only experience is in admin I wouldn't think you'd get in on just that. If you can't get in any other way, it sounds like you may have to join the others on here that are thinking about hopping on a plane down to NZ and looking around for work once they get there. A bit risky, but you'd have a better chance with face to face contact with potential employers.

If you've already been on a working holiday in NZ, did you go with a WHV or just on a tourist visa? If you went the WHV route, you wouldn't be able to reapply for another one. You only get one bite of the cherry. Did you not think about looking around for a job while you were down there?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

moggy is offline God like figure

However, you work experience in NZ will allow you to claim some points for it. Probably your best route would be to go back to NZ, get a decent job and get the emplyer to apply for a work permit for you, then at some point down the line (within 2 years) you should have accumulated enough points to apply the skilled migrant route. (or find yourself a kiwi partner ;) *joke*)

Mouse is offline Junior Member

My degree is in psychology, i did try and get sponsered whilst I was out there but had to come back early as my mum got sick in the middle of it all and the organisation couldn't really wait around when we didn't know what was going on.

I was hoping that if I got some experiance here for say two years and then applied for EOI I would stan a better chance. My worry was that I would get the experiance and then find out that HR isnt an area that would give me the points I need.

moggy - i did try and convince many of my kiwi friends to marry me :005:

jadet is offline Junior Member

I think an HR job would qualify you, and that plus your degree should be enough points for PR. But can you get someone to offer you a job without being there? I agree that you might have to go back "on holiday" and apply for some jobs. You'll be a shoe in at that point.

If you want to go on in Psychology, they are always needing more psychologists there!