Thread: EOI...Which is best?

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default EOI...Which is best?

Hi there,

Any answers to this dilema would be greatly appreciated. We get 100 on the Point Indicator and now the points have gone up to 140 is it worth us sending an EOI now and hoping we might be picked if they don't fill quota or should we try and get a job offer first? If we submit now can we alter it if we get an offer later on?

:icon_confused:

Ta muchly.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

As far as we can tell, they haven't actually put the points threshold up to 140 - all that's changed is that if someone scores 140 points, they automatically get sent an ITA, bypassing the EOI stage. The points threshold is currently still 100, so if you apply with between 100 & 140 points, they will still assess your EOI as normal.

HTH :icon_biggrin:

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

I totally agreed with Welshgirl. My understanding is that if you get 100 points now and your situation changes (job offer, degree, know someone in NZ and etc) and entitiled to more points, you can probably notify NZIS your change in status but please check with NZIS before you submit your EOI since it will only stay in the pool now for 6 months.

Pulsarblu

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Well that certainly sounds better then the waty I took to understand it. I thought the threshold was 140 and if they didn't meet quota then looked below. unfortunately can't seem to find the email from Outbound Publishing which i read it in. Anyway, this is better all round.

Many thanks.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Hmmm I'm not sure on this. The way I understood it, and you can always check the NZIS website (homepage under news).

I understood it to be very unlikely that you'd be selected below 140 without a job offer. They haven't raised threshold granted but I think it's a bit of a case of unless thery're really struggling that month, you might not get selected. However you can change it once you're in the pool so I guess the above is rendered irrelevant if a job is offered.

I hope I'm wrong but, it would really irritate me to be sitting in the pool having sub,itted EOI not knowing if I would definitely get selected or not.