Thread: EOI selection process changes

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default EOI selection process changes

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...c05Changes.htm

Basically those who score more than 140 points will be automatically invited to apply for residence. As for those who score 100-140 points and have a job offer in New Zealand will be ranked and selected in sufficient numbers to meet NZ immigration programme numbers (not even sure how they determine the numbers...... :icon_confused: )

Anyway, I am still disgesting the information.. take note that there will be no selections after 22 Dec 05, last selection will be 21 Dec 05.

Pulsarblu..

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ategoryQAs.htm

FAQ to make those information easier to understand...

Pulsarblu

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Just got an newsflash from NZinsider on this. Absolutely GUTTED!!!!

Seriously doubting whether to make the move now, I can't believe this has happened.

However.....as my plan is to Get a job offer thus giving me 105 points, am I right in understanding I should still get selected or will spaces be that limited?? [smiley=icon_eek.gif] [smiley=icon_eek.gif]

What do we reckon on this people I need to make some HUGE decisions and can't think of better folks to ask on this than you guys. Anyone else in the same boat?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

The people who will most likely lose out are the ones without job offers, and less than 140 points.

In your situation, Stevey, if you are relying on the points from a job offer anyway, I'd say go for it. Your ITA might take longer to process if what NZIS are predicting is true, but owing to the current shortfall in immigration numbers, plus an extra 3000 places being made available, I don't think your or many other people will notice any difference.

To put the new rules in a nutshell:

Great for highly educated, skilled, experienced people.
    No different for most other applications with job offers.
    Bad news for people on low points without a job offer.

What NZIS clearly haven't realised is that their plan to attract more people with these rules will fail, as hundreds more people will be put off thinking it's not worth the risk if they don't have 140 points. They may as well have just upped the points to 140 as it will have the same effect!

You watch the figures in 2006. There'll be another, more serious immigration deficit, mark my words!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Thanks mate.

After more contemplation and less heart failure, I'm coming round to the same view myself.

Wish it was easier to have your qualifications assessed tho, bet I would score 155 if they assessed my CIM qualification, but NZQA is too dear imo and the process too arduous.

I think the attitude of employers towards potential job seekers without PR should change. NZIS can say this and that, making policy changes to attract highly qualified people. However there are still many potential immigrants who can still contribute to the country but cannot meet the 140 points criteria or job offer. All they really need is a opportunity.

I feel that the DOL should do more to get employers accept potential immigrants.

Pulsarblu