Thread: Help needed - does anyone know???

suz
    suz is offline Junior Member

Default Help needed - does anyone know???

i am having difficulties with an x husband, who is stalling signing the affidavit giving consent for me to take my kids to NZ (solicitors involved etc, etc).....but my EOI ready to be submitted xcept this bit. Do i submit anyway and wait to see what he does (immigration will need this to prove i can go) or do i sit tight and wait for him to sign before i can submit it? Has anyone else had this problem? thanx to anyone who can advise me.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hi Suz,

Depends on just how long he's going to stall.... If you submit your EOI now, before he's signed, once you've received your ITA, you only have 4 months to submit it. If it becomes necessary to go to Court to get permission to bring the kids (i.e. if he doesn't voluntarily sign), then you could be looking at several months of Court proceedings, in which time your ITA might have expired.

We were in a similar situation where we had to get permission from the Court to bring my daughter, and the whole proceedings took approximtately 5/6 months. It may not take that long in your case, but the Courts are unfortunately renowned for taking their time and they won't be interested that you have a deadline for an ITA!

IMHO, I'd wait a while before you submit your EOI and see what happens with your ex - you never know, he might have a change of heart, then you can submit your EOI at your leisure!

HTH and good luck!

suz
    suz is offline Junior Member

thanx welshgirl - change of heart- i wish he'd hav a bigger change than that [smiley=icon_evil.gif] !!!!! Ok will take yr advice and sit tight for a bit - i dont know what an ITA is yet [smiley=icon_eek.gif]

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I should have explained that! An ITA is an Invitation to Apply (for Residency). It's what Immigration send you once they have assessed your EOI and decided you are eligible. This will be the time when you have to gather all your evidence and information together (medicals, police checks, etc) to prove everything you said in your EOI.

HTH

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

This one comes up as regularly as clockwork! By that I don't mean that your question is either trivial or boring; I mean that I among so many others have had, and surmounted, the problem.
    In our case we approached the errant father of my wife's children who threw in his job every time the casa got even close, and offered a deal.
    It went something like this: We are taking the children to New Zealand. In every case the courts give the needs and opinions of the children prime concern. In other words we are prepared to go to court, the procedure will be protracted and expensive, but we are prepared for that. The point is, you will not succeed in keeping the children in the UK. Here's the deal. You sign a notarised document giveeing your permission for the children to travel to NZ for the express purpose of settling and remaining in that country. We in turn weill sign a notarised document which releases you from all financial responsibility, past, present and future, for the children.
    He hummed, he hahed and then he signed.

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

Sorry for the sloppy typing - for casa read CSA. By the way, he currently owed 16,000 pounds and he would have had to pay sometime even if it had to be extracted from his last will and testament.

desptogo is offline Junior Member

Hi all,
    Could some one give an answer or tell me of their experiences.

I'll be moving to NZ soon and will be leaving my x-wife and 2 children behind. I have spoken to my x-wife and the children and although they are not happy they have exepted my reasons. But the CSA is another story. At the moment I cant' find out where I stand legally with the CSA.
    Please can someone tell can the CSA come after me or not ?. We they try and apply pressure and do I listen to them. After all the CSA are very devious in the ways they work and may say alsorts of things to get me to carry on paying. But I need to know where I stand.

desptogo