Thread: Proof of Experience (Teaching)

boorer is offline Member

Default Proof of Experience (Teaching)

I've been working in my current school for 11 years now, and prior to that was in a school for 7 years. I've written to my last school to ask for "proof" that I taught there, but haven't heard back (sent September, and I very nicely enclosed an SAE).
    Does anyone know - do I "need" the proof from them (obviously I'm trying to get as far up the NZ payscale as I can) or even - shoould I be looking for information from the schools I was in before then....
    Any ideas gratefully received....

Suave is offline Junior Member

I have a similar problem. The place I taught at, no longer exists!!!. All I have now is an old 'experience certificate' with nobody at the mentioned address anymore!!! So what happens now?

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

For my previous jobs (not teaching jobs, but hopefully the same goes) they accepted either a pay stub or a job offer letter.

netchicken is offline Senior Member

If you are paid by the government as we are here in NZ, then can you get a history of your payment slips that include past schools?

Your teacher reg number (if you ahve that system) would also help in tracing your past, and how long you have been registered as a teacher.

boorer is offline Member

Thanks guys - I'll try chasing some of those routes!

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Proof of experience

The advice I was given is similar to above but you can also use any P60's and letters of employment offers I.E. Stating Job Title, start date and salary as well as personal referee's (as if the place you worked at is no longer there) then your ex manager (Head/Deputy etc) can confirm your experience as long as the information is on the headed paper from their current employer.

I was fortunate that I've been in the same role for 5 years and the job offer letter and P60's, wage slip and even old Bank Statements all helped. For the previous 5 years I was able to make a few phone calls and get the name of a HR contact and chase them directlty for a reference and the process took a week.

ITA arrived a cople of weeks ago with the medical on 11/11/05 so its back to the carrot juice until I have to face the dreaded tape measure for the all important waist measurement! My BMI is fine ... where did I last see that roll cling film...

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

My oh is a secondary school teacher, she contacted the people who paid her, the County education department - the reply was fairly quick in arriving.