Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nurse registration question

htooth is offline Junior Member

Default Nurse registration question

I have started filling out the online EOI, now do I have to wait for my NZ registration for nursing to come back first or can I just submit without . Also does anyone know what the qualification will equate to and how many points I get for it. The more i read the more confusing it gets!
    cheers.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome.

I?m not going to be much help on this subject, but I?ll have a go. From the little I know about nursing registration, it can take quite a while to come through. I would think you could complete your EOI and mention that you are awaiting your NZ nursing registration. Then, when it comes through, you can forward NZIS your registration number. Might save some time, rather than waiting for the registration to come through (that?s if you don?t want to wait, of course). It seems you can get up to 55 points for your qualification, depending on which one it is. Hopefully someone with actual experience will come along at some point.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

hi htooth,

my wife is a recently qualified midwife and she's been speaking to an agency in new zealand called tonix. (www.tonix.co.nz)

they have been mega helpful. Best bit is, they're free.

check thier website and give them a tinkle if theres still anything you're not sure of.

best of luck.

htooth is offline Junior Member

Thanks , I think i'd better wait for it to come back.
    But I will give Tonix a try.
    Cheers
    Hayley.

mollytess is offline Junior Member

Default nursing registration

Hi,
    I have a BSc (Hons) and got 50 points. But I lost points for my age, I'm
    I ended up with 115. I didnt put my husbands Qualifications in though. i have been using Geneva Health who have been very helpful, again it's free. They are based in Auckland and some of their staff are English so have been through what we are going through now.
    mollytess ::)

lainy is offline Member

well this is where things get confusing if you only have a diploma or are hospital trained because believe it or not the nursing council dont recognise any overseas nursing qualifications , they assess them but dont actually recognise them so therefore you cant prove to nzis that you have a recognised qualification BUT you are able to work in the dhbs and you are a nz registered nurse confusing or what !! does anyone have any answer to this as i need to complete my eoi with this question and before you ask ive spent hours on phone to nzis and nz nursing council trying to solve this lol thnx in advance lainyxx

jamasc is offline Junior Member

i am a registered nurse and qualified 18 years ago ( shows my age). I had no problems registering with NZNC although it did take a long time and held up our residency visa. I did wait until i had registration before I sent in out EOI more because I did not want to pay if my registration was not recognised. I found a job before applying for PR and this gave us more points. I am now working in NZ and have some UK colleagues who could only have Work to residence visas as they got their jobs through an agency. if I can be of any help let me know

nattydread is offline God like figure

my wife recently qualified as a midwife and is filling out the application for nz registration just now.

If you have any hints on the self assesment part (I'm sure nurses have the same thing) then that would be great..

She's filling in all the other bits and scrubbing round that at the moment..

suz
    suz is offline Junior Member

Hi Htooth
    Not sure if this reply is too late for you but im a nurse trying to submit my EOI form and having difficulty with the qualifications bit too. This is the info that immigration gave me to follow:
    F1. Are you claiming points for a recognised qualification & declaring that you meet policy criteria? answer YES
    F2. Name the qualification
    F3. Is this qualification included on the list of recognised qualifications etc........ answer YES
    F4. Has your qualification been assessed by the NZQA? answer NO because its already recognised so it does not need to be assessed.
    Leave F5a and F6a blank and go to F7.

Hope this helps

lainy is offline Member

thnx for that it really helped me . for all you nurses working here how are you finding it working in nz .. i found it totally wierd and hard to adjust , but its so easy its unbelievable .. hardly any stress haha where do you all work? lainyx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast