Thread: contacting current employer for EOI checks

jento is offline Junior Member

Default contacting current employer for EOI checks

Hi there, I recently submitted my EOI and it has been selected from the draw today!!! Hurrah!! However I'm concerned about NZIS contacting my current employer who as yet knows nothing of my intention to move to NZ, as not planning to make the move until August 2006.
    Anyone got any previous experiences of this nature??
    Thanks in advance
    Jento

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Jento,

From what I?ve read on the Immigration site, once you have been selected from the draw, they will start checking and verifying all the information that you?ve given them. This sounds like it could well involve contacting your employer, because they need to make sure everything is as it should be before they take you on to the next stage of the proceedings. I wouldn?t like to guess on when it would happen but could be pretty imminent. If everything checks out, then you will be sent your ITA.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

well done!!
    You jammy cow!!!

muchos jealousos!!

moggy is offline God like figure

I would doubt very much if they would contact your current employer at the EOI stage, no even at the ITA stage.
    The purpose of the EOI is that you say what you have done, they make some very preliminary checks - in my case they asked me by email if my degree was CNAA acredited as it wasn't on the list of approved institutions, then they sent the ITA.

When you submit the ITA it is your responsibility to provide all the evidence that is required to prove what you said in t EOI. You can easily give enough evidence for your current work without your employers having to be contacted. I asked them for a letter stating how long I had been at the company, what my job title was, my salary and to confirm that it was permanent. I told them we were changing mortgage lenders.

I would think it would be very reckless for NZIS to contact current employers unless under express permission from you (nowhere on the forum does it says that your employers may be contacted).

I may be wrong, but I haven't heard of anyone on any forums having had their employers contacted.

jento is offline Junior Member

Thanks for all replies.....got a bit panicky there....I think work would actually be ok with it anyway since I could guarantee another years hard graft!! Will be very relieved if and when I receive my ITA!!

Don't be jealous Craig......you'll be at this stage before you know it!! with all you loveyl IT experience and your lovely mid(wife).

jento
    xxx

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default when should you apply for EOI

bit confused over this one.

My partner is loath to give up her goo job until we have something more concrete on possible job offer..
    this chicken and egg game is diifficult :icon_confused:

Thanks for all replies.....got a bit panicky there....I think work would actually be ok with it anyway since I could guarantee another years hard graft!! Will be very relieved if and when I receive my ITA!!
    Also you can tell them, that it could be even over 3 years before you finally make the move (it doesn't have to be but you can drag it out this long, but they don't need to know your intentions)

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default wow!

wish I had your 125 points and EOI moggy

Default Re: wow!

wish I had your 125 points and EOI moggy
    Sorry, I've got em and I intend to keep em [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif] [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]:

Should be submitting ITA next week. fingers crossed

joelle is offline Member

Jento

However I'm concerned about NZIS contacting my current employer who as yet knows nothing of my intention to move to NZ, as not planning to make the move until August 2006.
    Anyone got any previous experiences of this nature??
    As far as I know they don't ring employers - they certainly didn't ring mine if they had this would have caused all sorts of problems
    ;)
    I think they would only ring if the paperwork sent in didn't look right - if you know what I mean. I read a few forums and haven't heard of anybody whose employer has received a call.

hope this helps

Joelle