Thread: LISTING FAMILY ON EOI

jento is offline Junior Member

Default LISTING FAMILY ON EOI

Hello again...thanks for your help on the last question....can anyone tell me about listing family members on the EOI? I have squillions of family that I haven't seen for 20 years.....do I have to list everyone??
    Thanks again in advance!
    Jento

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Jento

I haven't undertaken the process yet and haven't had experience of this form, but I think maybe the family members they are asking you to list are ones who wish to travel with you when you go and those whom you may, at some future date, wish to sponsor if they also want to go to NZ.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi jento,

Just list all of your close relatives.. Mother, father, brothers or sisters, children and as Mother Bear said, any other close family who at some point you may sponsor to move to NZ, or may just consider moving off their own back (it will help their application having close relatives in NZ).
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Leave off the ones you don't want to sponsor [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]. I included my sister & nephews (last remaining family), but my bro-in-law was omitted on request of my OH. We call him Spongebob, and not because he reminds us of that delightful denizen of Bikini Bottom.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

nattydread is offline God like figure

what if your unlikely to ever want to sponsor any of your family.
    can you just leave that section blank

heres another one for you to mull over..

if i manage to get the EOI in the pool for the selection in a couple of weekes time..
    and it takes a week or two to get back to us.. that will take us up to the start of december..
    We should getting the ITA off to them shortly after that (assuming all is well with the EOI)..
    Is the forthcoming festive period likely to slow our application down at all..?
    is new zealand shut for the whole period?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

You'd be lucky to get anything done over xmas period here. Not only is it xmas, but it's also summer holidays for kids etc, so a lot of places are closed down over that time.

May as well shove all the applications in as soon as possible. You've got 12 months to get to NZ after your PR is granted anyway, so no rush! Just saves delays for you if queries arise or things go slow over the holidays.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Jento,

I only listed my immediate family members, brother, mum and dad. I did asked the same question to NZIS and this is what they replied, immediate family members, but I guess it make sense to include family members you think will go to NZ with you now or later. To be sure, just shoot an email to NZIS.

Getting the ITA (supporting documents take considerable amount of time), so do it steady is my advise.. besides, you have four months to submit the ITA package.

Pulsarblu