Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 110 points

Maka is offline Member

Default 110 points

Hi,

would you lodge your EOI with 110 points? Anybody here selected with such a low score ????? [smiley=icon_frown.gif] [smiley=icon_question.gif]

I can't decide whether to apply now without the job offer or wait till I might have one and score 160 ? Can you change your on-line EOI if you got a job offer after you have sent it in?

thanks for any ideas... [smiley=icon_wink.gif]

moggy is offline God like figure

Default 110 points

You can change the EOI after you have submitted it.

I have heard of plenty people getting selected on 100 points on various forums. The advantage of succeeding without the job offer is that you are not tied to working for the same company for 3 months after you get there should it prove to be a horrendous job.

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default 110 points

Also on the negative side is that if you do not have a job offer it might take you longer than if you had waited for the job. I got selected on 115 points with an offer of employment and was selected for ITA a week after being drawn out of the POOL. I have heard of people with more points wait longer.
    The choice is yours :icon_wink:

Default 110 points

I think how long you stay in the pool is a completely hit and miss affair, we had 125 points and no job offer and were selected less than 48 hours after submitting our application.

Default 110 points

Moggy, what i was refering to was the fact that some people had been drawn out and then waited a long time for ITA. NZIS give preference to applicants with a job offer

Default 110 points

Oh OK, with you.

But again I think that is a bit hit and miss, it only took 2 weeks to get decision successful and another 2 weeks to received the ITA (I think it had sat on someones desk for ages looking at the varius date stamps on it). Sorry I guess we are maybe the exception to the rule going through so quickly.

I think that the only certainty is that if there 2 similar applications then the one with the job offer will definitely be selected first.

What I am saying is that I think that there are more influencing factors to which one is selected than just the job application, yes the job is the biggie, but there are others.

I think our application when through fairly quickly to the ITA stage because my job came up on all the skills shortages list and an identified cluster and I think that bumped us up the queue quickly. Of course I could be completely wrong as this is only a gut feeling.

btw take this post more as a musing than anything else.

Default 110 points

how could i take it as anything else Moggy, and i do agree with you about the skills shortage/identified clusters etc as it does make a big difference to the time you wait :)

Default 110 points

Thanks, at times I feel that I have to be really careful how I phrase things, I haven't got the definitive answer and I don't want to come across as someone who thinks that they know everything, well, cos I don't.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default 110 points

We were selected with only 100 points. See my signsture line for timing - not bad. I suspect that NZIS looks not only at pointage, but at what skill you're offering. If lots of people have the same skill at a similar level, you may not be as popular as if you have a relatively rare but desireable skill.

Our skills are in geology, especially contamination investigation & remediation, and my OH also has experience in geologic hazards evaluation (e.g. landslides).
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Maka is offline Member

Default 110 points

thanks a lot to all of you. interesting discussion...

I must admitt that I am just a selfish immigrant and do not fit neither into any of the identified clusters nor skill shortages...thus not a great contribution to NZ ::)

I guess that might slow the process...I will think it through.

I have a phone job interview on 28/9. I hope for a miracle that will ease my consideration. [smiley=eusa_pray.gif]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast