Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One of them days

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Unhappy One of them days

Our visitor,my daughters boyfriend went back to Glasgow today
    And poor wee Nicole is heartbroken.
    I had a few tears myself at the airport as i kept thinking hes only 16 and looked so vurnerable.
    We have got a dvd out and going to try cheer her up tonight.
    What a strange day we had today.
    Firstly we get phone call at 9am that we have to go and pay the custom charges.And our furniture should get delivered tomorrow or friday.
    Then we text the landlord asking him for another 6 months rental,which i knew ,he knew we would ask as only a few weeks back we had him in house,having tea and telling him how much we like here and how my folks and son are coming at xmas,and our furniture was coming soon.
    So i think he new that when our contract finished(11th july) We would have been renewing.
    Also i texed him only last week to ask him if i could give his number to that hopefully future employer as a character ref. He texed back no probs.
    So we get text back from him this morning saying' yip no probs,actually had been meaning to contact you,but have to put rent up $10 a week due to rate and insurance'
    I was How could he have not said weeks ago,why wait until 2 bloody days before we have to go and announce that.
    Its not like now we can say,no thanks will look for somewhere cheaper.
    i know its only 10 bucks,but its the shite,oh i meant to tell you,i cannot abide.
    So then we head to the moving company and get told that maf and furniture cant come until monday now.
    Then after sad farewells at airport,hubbys driving along with Nicole sniffing away in car.
    Drives into a street,police car spins round and starts to follow us flashing lights.
    We stop.
    $120 fine for doing 70kph in 50 zone.
    The 70 speed sign was yards in front of us.
    What a crap day its been
    Meadow

Landed in New Zealand 29th jan 2008
    Colin got job offer 21st feb
    Work Permit applied for 3rd march
    Colins work permit received friday 2nd may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010
    My work permit applied for 7th may 2008
    My work permit received 27th may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010

Arrived back in Scotland 21st July 2009

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness, what a dreadful day you've had . One thing after another and it's not even Friday 13th. Let's hope that's all your bad luck out of the way at the same time. Sounds like you've got a landlord like we have here.

Poor Nicole, I hope she can dry those tears and take a deep breath in the hope it won't pull her down too much . I guess it's too early to comfort her with the promise of another visit in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    What a crap day its been
    I'll go along with that - literally. I was washing up the breakfast dishes and suddenly found I was standing in water - extremely smelly water - and I realised it was sewage that had come up from the drain under our rubber mat by the sink. It's not the first time we've had water up through there but it didn't smell bad. Problem is here they run the waste water and the sewage through the same drains. The shite (excuse the pun) of a cowboy builder that built this 'shed' hadn't cleared the drain of lumps of plaster and what looked like the handle off something and the water/sewage was backing up every time any quantity of water went down the drain. After using the plunger and employing a bit of hands-on I managed to clear it out. House stinks of disinfectant now but rather that than sewage .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

And I thought I had problems - glad you got it sorted MB - are you going to speak to your 'lovely' landlady and let her know the score?

Meadow - it always seems that when one thing goes wrong everything else does too. Thinking of you and Nicole - hope the DVD cheers her up
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    MB - are you going to speak to your 'lovely' landlady and let her know the score?
    The rent is due next week and we'll certainly be putting her in the picture about several things to do with the house. Will she care less? I very much doubt it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Wow Mb you certainly had a time of it there too by sounds things.Landlords can be such shits cant they?
    And Nicky thanx hun,though film we picked was called 'the bucket list'
    Morgan Freeman and Jack Nickolson,it was quite good but sad,so me and Nicole are sitting bubbling away at the end
    After though we watched a Josh Holloway film,which wasnt great,but hey Big Josh can certainly put a smile on your face
    yum yum .
    Meadow

Dated till jan 2010
    Dated till jan 2010

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Ahhh you've started a curse!!

I got zapped by the speed camera on my way to work this morning. I was singing along to the radio in a world of my own. Didn't see the camera van until the last moment by which time it was too late to brake and I was well over the limit....

To round my day off, I've just driven 80km to Kaiapoi and back to see a fella. I couldn't find his house and got his phone number wrong, so I spent an hour driving round in circles before I was forced to gave up. When I got home, I realised that he actually lives in Rangiora. Bugger.

What's the betting someone will report me for kerb crawling.

Blog Entries

Oh shouldnt laugh Koko,but i liked the kerb crawling part.
    Well our landlord has called to say 'how about 6 months at the normal rent?'
    Colin said 'well how about 3 months at normal rent?'
    He agreed
    He knows he wont get this let in winter,best to keep us here,keeping it dry.
    How could the pain in the butt not just have left things as they were,cos we would probably ended up renewing another 6 months at jan as my folks wouldve been here.
    All in all he would got a year out of us,no probs,but due to his greed it made me look up rentals in this area on trade me,and realise we are paying more.
    Now for some good news
    My mum got the all clear today from her cat scan
    We were getting bit worried as her blood count dropped again,so relief to know that its ok.
    So plans to visit us at xmas are full steam ahead.
    Today the 11th july,we should be getting on our plane and heading back to sunny Glasgow.
    Glad we are not
    Just need to get a job to pay for speeding fines
    Meadow

Dated till jan 2010
    Dated till jan 2010

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Great news about your mum. Such a weight off your mind.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Meadow, such great news about your ma babe!! So, so pleased to hear that My mum just emailed to cancel her Christmas trip She's been scheduled for a knee replacement and told that she can't make a long haul flight for at least 6 months afterwards. We were so looking forward to having her for a few months, the kids were so excited about it

On the other hand, my niece, who has been touring Asia and Australia arrives on 31st August for a few months She'll be our first visitor and we are so looking forward to seeing a familiar face.

Oh, and if you're speeding Koko, you're speeding. Expect to get caught. You're lucky if you don't. I see way more people pulled over here than in UK. Good thing too I reckon with the death toll on these roads. (Not that I'm suggesting you're that bad K ) But Meadow, not even in the 50 zone? Crazy!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Ahh Dawn. Everyone knows that great big 4WDs don't go round corners at high speed. That's why all the roads in Canterbury are so long and straight!

FWIW, I think people who get caught speeding in a 50 zone should buy a car with cruise control and turn it on whenever they drive in town. Easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast