Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your pet peeves !!!!

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Default Your pet peeves !!!!

I had reason this week to get really frustreated at certain minor things. This got me thinking about the little things that really annoy you.

I have been accused by my family of having OCD. Two of my pet 'hates' are:

When you sit on the loo (not a pretty site ) - especially in the middle of the night - and you find that the loo roll is empty. Why can't the person who finished the roll replace it with a new one? I always do.

When someone opens a letter why can't they put it back in the envelope - on the rare ocasions they do why can't they put it back with the name showing through the window? It makes it alot easier when I am trying to clear the paperwork from our 'filing tray' AKA the dining table.

'Frustrated of Luton'
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Ginabridget is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I absolutely agree with you about the toilet paper, it happens all the time in this house and I ALWAYS put a new one on if I'm there!!

Another thing is when everyone sticks their plates on the bench to be washed, when I come along (as the chief washer-upperer) it's only when I've started washing that I discover that all the plates at the bottom of the pile have still got leftovers on them! Normally I discover this when I've already dumped the pile of plates into the clean water and have bits of food and plastic wrappers floating up around them

Ah that feels better....guess I should go and start said pile of dishes....

p.s. just reading over my message and noted that I used 'bench' when I mean the kitchen worktop, this is another one of my pet peeves - constantly being corrected on the way I say things or what I call things, another one is that I call the 'kettle' (for boiling water in) a 'jug' I gets loads of stick for that too. I can't wait until my hubby is in NZ and I can teach him the 'correct' names for things.
    26 January 2008 - House under offer, we're getting closer
    Feb 08 - our sale has fallen through
    19 March 08 - accepted another offer on the house
    Booked tickets, will arrive in NZ 4 July 2008
    Currently enjoying the 'weather bomb' in Northland July 08
    Anticipating a move to Auckland in the next few weeks - November 08

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky with the old loo roll scenario but not the old "loo seat down" argument!

Am with you on the leftovers on the plates and what about leaving empty milk bottles on the BENCH!

And wearing shoes inside (a kiwi thing!) but that'll be all change when we get "home"!

Well, off to clear those plates
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Continuing the loo roll debate.....

I like my loo rolls to unfurl from the top down. Ooooowhhh I get angry when people put a new roll on upside down! Don't they know that the end of the 'next' sheet should hang mid-air, not against the wall.

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    I had reason this week to get really frustreated at certain minor things.
    'Frustrated of Luton'
    Mate, don't start cycling when you get to NZ or that blood pressure will be WAAAAAYYYYYY off the scale!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I never knew toilet roll could be so annoying! Perhaps we should start a group therapy session
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I started a similar thread a while ago but can't find it now. It's always interesting to hear what annoys other people and all the better if something that annoys you also bothers them a lot. Then you don't feel such a saddo for letting it get on your nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by kokopeli View Post
    Continuing the loo roll debate.....

I like my loo rolls to unfurl from the top down. Ooooowhhh I get angry when people put a new roll on upside down! Don't they know that the end of the 'next' sheet should hang mid-air, not against the wall.
    This is me. Hubster has an annoying habit of putting the loo roll on the wrong way, but at least he does put a new one on when the old one has expired. I would add that I usually have a new one standing by when the old one is running out so he doesn't have to put himself out too much. I just find it very awkward twisting around to fiddle with a back-to-front loo roll (ours is on the wall behind the toilet and not to the side so it is difficult).
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

In our home we have a boys' toilet and a girls' toilet. Of course the girls is clean, always with a spare toilet roll handy, the existing one on the holder with the end hanging down in mid air. (koko - ) Now the boys' toilet ... yes you can guess - dirty, empty toilet rolls on floor, and why is it I often hear this bleating, have to prise the lock open, then discreetly throw in a new toilet roll?

To make things worse the cat has a new hobby - punch the toilet roll off the holder and 'kill it'.
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Yes toilet rolls seem to be a problem everywhere. No the odd occasion Neil puts a toilet roll back on the holder he does hang it the right way, however he tends not to bother putting it on the holder 'cos that would mean taking the empty one off.
    I usually go in to find an empty one on the holder and a started fresh on on top of the cistern or somewhere nearby.

On the subject of dishes I have had the pleasur eof always having a dishwasher but it really annoys me when people (Neil) put the dirty dishes on the worktop right above the dishwasher and not bother to open the door to put it in.

Oh and things being put in the washing inside out- namely socks- I have to have everything the right way out to hang it out to dry.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I never knew toilet roll could be so annoying! Perhaps we should start a group therapy session
    Its not therapy we need - just other people to do things right
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast